Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
kinky kitties

I've got a question. Recently i thought my Bensi was pregnant, but weeks later i saw her... well... getting it on with a beautiful male out on my deck. I'm just wondering, will cats mate even when they cant get pregnant/are already pregnant?

Re: kinky kitties

It is extremely rare, but can happen. There are several things that could be going on. Oneis that your cat didn't get pregnant the first time and is cycling again. Cats will cycle (especially in the spring) sometimes as often as every 2 or 3 weeks apart. Another thing that could be going on is that your cat is having a little discharge and that is attracting the male cats. I have had this happen before. Usually, the female will not let the male breed with her, though. Another possibility is that she absorbed the litter an is now breeding again.

In any case, be very careful with your female outdoors. Male cats can carry all sorts of diseases and transmit them to your female.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I've got a question. Recently i thought my Bensi was pregnant, but weeks later i saw her... well... getting it on with a beautiful male out on my deck. I'm just wondering, will cats mate even when they cant get pregnant/are already pregnant?

Re: Re: kinky kitties

thank you very much Gary... you know that's the first time i've ever gotten a serious and helpful answer.

Replying to:

It is extremely rare, but can happen. There are several things that could be going on. Oneis that your cat didn't get pregnant the first time and is cycling again. Cats will cycle (especially in the spring) sometimes as often as every 2 or 3 weeks apart. Another thing that could be going on is that your cat is having a little discharge and that is attracting the male cats. I have had this happen before. Usually, the female will not let the male breed with her, though. Another possibility is that she absorbed the litter an is now breeding again.

In any case, be very careful with your female outdoors. Male cats can carry all sorts of diseases and transmit them to your female.

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: kinky kitties

You are very welcome. I wish others would post more on this board. It is a pretty neat forum - just not much traffic.

Hope all goes well and keep us up to date.

Visit my website, if you get the chance at www.magnoliachatcattery.com

Replying to:

thank you very much Gary... you know that's the first time i've ever gotten a serious and helpful answer.

Replying to:

Replying to: