Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kitten problems

Hi i'm new here and I have a Kiten question I would like you people to answer. Well i've been having this kitten for about a month and a couple of weeks, and since me and my family got another one yesterday, she started acting all strange.Like jealousy towards the new kitten. My older kitten is trying to attack my new kitten and has turned meaner for the past two days. So I was wondering, how can I get my older kitten to stop being mean to the new kitten and let them both be friends?

Re: Kitten problems

This will sometimes take a little time. I can give you the following advice, though:

Separate the two for a day or so.

Keep a door between them so they can smell each other under it - a screen door is even better.

After a few days switch them out. That way they are around all the scents of the other cat.

Give the cat that you had first the most attention. That is the one that feels threatened by the newcomer.

After a week or so, hold one in your lap (the first cat)and let the other one explore around the house some.

At first, they will probably just learn to tolerate each other. Pretty soon you will see them cuddling some, I bet though.

Another thing to do is to find an irresistable treat for them and put it on a saucer. I would wait a week or so before trying this, though.

Let me know how it turns out.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi i'm new here and I have a Kiten question I would like you people to answer. Well i've been having this kitten for about a month and a couple of weeks, and since me and my family got another one yesterday, she started acting all strange.Like jealousy towards the new kitten. My older kitten is trying to attack my new kitten and has turned meaner for the past two days. So I was wondering, how can I get my older kitten to stop being mean to the new kitten and let them both be friends?

Re: Re: Kitten problems

I have had a kitten since she was 2 weeks because i found her and kept her but now like 3 days ago i got another kitten and she is 1 month and the other kitten that i've had is four months and she just keeps on hissing at my new cat so what should i do???
Please i'm begging u help me cause i relly need my four month kitten to play and be friends with my new kitten so please help me!!!
Thank you!