Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
breeding boy

hi,

i have a new breeding boy and we would like to have him inside the house with us but he sprays, is there anyway to stop this or? also what is the best way to remove the odor left from the spraying. my boy is 14 months and has been used for stud already. thanks

Re: breeding boy

It looks like no one is going to try to answer you. Sorry about that.

I have males and they tend to do OK most of the time. I have one that is a sprayer, though. I have confined him to one room and that helps tremendously. He gets to come out when I am home and wears a diaper. It took him a while to get used to it, though. He first sprayed in his room, but after I cleaned it, he didn't do it any more. I believe it is a security thing and he feels like that is his room.

Some other people have had success with a product called Feliway (sp?). It is a whole system of a natural calming medication and a spray (that you can't smell) that somehow keeps the cat from spaying. You can get it at most pet stores now.

Good luck and keep me posted.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hi,

i have a new breeding boy and we would like to have him inside the house with us but he sprays, is there anyway to stop this or? also what is the best way to remove the odor left from the spraying. my boy is 14 months and has been used for stud already. thanks