I am searching for a new female kitten for my new breeding program. I have been communicating with breeders who either refuse to contact me after one or two communications (finding out I am newish) or want to charge me high prices for kittens that they would NEVER charge another established breeder.
I have read your book.
Here is my question: A breeder has a kitten that she is willing to sell me but she wants ME to decide if it is show quality. I am, quite frankly, outraged by this suggestion. My feeling is that either she does not KNOW if her kitten will be show quality at 8 weeks now, or she does not know breed standard and isn't willing to commit.
Unfortunatly, this kitten LOOKS (in pics) like she will be a very good boned cat, and is a Black solid Maine Coon. (carries tabby red) While I am NOT willing to make a bad purchase, I am willing to take a LITTLE chance on a possiblity
This breeder does test for genetic, accourding to herself. I have not seen a pedigree yet, waiting.
What do you think (please do not answer me in the third person, as that form of address is very disturbing, thanks).