​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
USO and FWC

While I don't blame you for being skeptical Representative Greg Evers(R) and I, during a conference call in December involving he, myself, and FWC Regional Director Louie Roberson, confirmed no citations will be issued during the USO as long as we abide by a few basic rules.

*We must use all efforts and resources necessary to keep the hounds out of the non-permitted area.

*State regulations prohibit the use of alcohol in the state forest.

*State regulations prohibit the possesion of firearms in the state forest without a special permit.

Note: Yesterday, Wednedsday February 17th, the State of Florida Division of Forestry completed the prescribed burning of approximately 12,000 acres directly between the casting areas and the closed area. The woods are coal black, still smoking today and will be for several days. It's approximately four miles, as the crow flies, from the casting area to the closed area across black, charred terrain. This will be a great additional barrier.

Though I can't make any promises as to the outcome of the event regarding the USO, I can offer you the reassurance that we have the cooperation of all governing agencies, including FWC.

The Blackwater State Forest Field Trial Area offers some of the best outside running in the South. Though it is a natural Gray Fox habitat with an abundance of grays, there is also always some great coyote races at each hunt.

To sum it up: If you have a fox dog, not deer dog, fox dog that you think will run four days in a row, you should definately come to the USO, you have as good of a chance of winning as anyone.

Disclaimer: All statements above are solely my opinion and should not be considered the opinion of any USO officer or member.

Re: USO and FWC

To The Top....

Gary Godwin, Tim Floyd, and myself have spent some time in the field trial area the past couple of days. The USO should be a dandy! Little, smut faced grays everywhere over there, and a coyote track in the mouth of every drain ditch.
How about deer tracks, are there deer tracks there too? What do you think???

Come on down boys, the water's fine!

TTT

What do you feel the impact would be if a large turnout of folks made it to the Blackwater{USO} in a strong show of support for foxhunting in Florida.
Derek

Yes!! It will definately make a difference for there to be a good turnout at this year's USO.

The Florida Game and Fish Commission has absolutely no regard for economic impact. They are the only government entity who does not care if one more cent ever flows into the state. For example: Bike Week in Daytona; the Florida Highway Patrol, Marine Patrol, County Sheriff's department, every entity gets involved, heck they even bend the rules a little bit to accommodate the gobs of revenue infused into the local economy during Bike Week. Did you know that approximately 30% of Daytona residents oppose Bike Week? "We was having bike week here when you came here", that's what they're always told when they start complaining about Bike Week.
But here it's different, one person bought 10 acres of land, built a house, complained about the presence of hound dogs and the FWC closed 25,000 acres - for one man! Thousands of annual revenue was lost due to one stroke of the pen. But they'll tell you, they don't care about that.

Sorry to ramble, but to answer your question, we do depend on other municipalities to lean on the FWC for the sake of using common sense. Yes!!! It will make a difference if there's a good turn out for the USO.

Come on down for what should be one of the best outside hunts ever.At last years Blackwater you would have thought we was in a pen.We had some of the highest S&D scores ever seen on the outsid. So dont just bring a snot poper you better bring a fox dog.

Gary what is the dates for the USO ?

FEB 28 - MAR 5 CASTING DATES ARE MARCH 2 - 5.

Getting lots of calls.This has the making of the best ever dont miss it.