​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MS Senate bill #

I had heard that MS had a bill to stop out of state hunters from Hunting in MS. If anyone knows the bill # for this please give it to me. I've been talking to the head man at the Wildlife Dept. and he is not aware of any such bill. He told me if i could get a bill # or more info on it he would gladly find out about it. So any information would be great.

Re: MS Senate bill #

CHERI CALL DIRK DEDEAUX HERE IS HIS NUMBER 1-601-359-2428 AND HE CAN TELL YOU THE NUMBER OF THE BILL I TALKED TO HIM TODAY MY SELF.

Went on mdwfp got the bill # Its senate bill#2408 hope this helps.....

from what I understand that bill is just for the dog hunting at the nat. forest. It does not cut out of state hunters. I talked with a head man in Jackson today on this bill. It is only for dog hunting. I need the bill # for the out of state hunters. He said that was brought up at the meeting but as far as he knew it did not go any futher than that. But he told me if there was a bill that was for the out of state hunters he wanted the bill #.

the bill number is sb2408 they reworded it it states that it will be against the law for non residents of ms to run deer in the national forest in ms they changed the wording of it form nobody can to just out of state hunters

Bill #2408 was introduced as saying unlawful for any persons to run deer with dogs in Homochitto Nat. Forest.
Senator Hyde-Smith amended line 5 to stike "person" and insert "non-resident". So the bill was passed as saying it is unlawful for nonresidents to hunt deer with dogs in the Homchitto Nat. Forest.
So, everyone let her know how much money the state of MS will be losing thanks to her. And also let her hear from the MS dog hunters on the issue also.
I emailed several yesterday and will send more today.