​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
$1.00 per dog

As long as I am over these hunts we will give 1 dollar per dog to help with this fight, just let us know where to send the money.

Scott Head 850-336-7427

Re: $1.00 per dog

With the 5 hr hunt in March this means every hunt at the Carolina Running Pen in Andalusia will be giving towards helping. If all pens or hunts would do this just think about how much money we could raise.

Excellent idea, Scott. Good for you guys.

Scott , I think the dollar a dog is a great idea and will be pushing for it at all hunts I am affiliated with. I think that it needs to be mandatory with your Masters or National Affiliation .I think we need to come up with a few more ideas though as only field trialers wwill be shouldering the load and the night hunters and outside hunters etc. ought to be included also. I talked with one of our veteran outside hunters and he is the one that mentioned the field trialers bearing the load and he had some other ideas that were good also
DEREK
DEREK

Derek we have alot of pleasure hunters also and most have said they will give a donation to one of the hunts or to us to send away.Derek what pepole do not understand is if you have a hunt(Puppy,1-2 or 3 day) and only have 25 to 50 dogs well if just 10 hunts this would be 250 to 500 dollars. Now just think how many of these type of hunts listed above there are in a years time.Now ten years.Well we now can have our own lobbist/lawyer.Just my opinion.

WHY CAN'T SOME HUNTS BE PUT ON TO RAISE MONEY FOR THIS REASON IF EVERY PEN WOULD PUT ON ONE HUNT A YEAR WITH A PERCENTAGE OF PROCEEDS GOING TO HELP DEAL WITH OUR PROBLEM? I THINK ALOT MORE MONEY COULD BE RAISED.

I think a dollar a dog is a great idea because no one thinks about a dollar any more. My daddy always said "Pennies make dollars" and he was right. I keep all my change and roll it from time to time and you would be surprised at how much it comes to.

Never ever back down, we are in the right here. Don't hide and don't apologize, because if we do we lose. I read an article in american hunter or some source about a "non/anti-hunter". He tells a long story about asking all these people about why do they hunt and none of them never asked him "WHY DON'T YOU HUNT". He didn't have an answer, while they gave him multiple answers. I hunt because I have the God given right and I live in a free country until we give these idiots are freedom. I don't tell them not to live homosexual lifestyles or to not eat soybeans and I don't need them telling me to not eat meat or enjoy nature as God intended. These people will keep pushing until we push back. I for 1 am sick and tired of it.

That is a good idea for the dollar a dog, but how about every pen in every state make it mandatory that if you want to run in an affiliated hunt or any hunt at that pen and you are a resident of that state then you MUST be an up to date member of your states HUNTING DOG ASSOC.Just an idea! What do yall think?

I think for it to work with the best results we need to run it along the lies of the National Wild Turkey Federation. Have smaller chapters throughout your home state where it can be broke down and no one missed ,we need deer camps to urge their members to join and the only way to contact these folks is to start at the grassroots. For example, we did have a organization going here in Ark for a couple years that was I think the Ark Dog Hunter Ass by name , our deer hunting lease passed a rule that you had to be a member in good standing of the State Assoc in order to pay your dues for deerhunting. Not a big item but it got 15 or so members that were just more or less still hunters involved that would prob never have been involved if not for that rule.Just think how many more members would that involve rather than just your active field trialers or "fox hunters" and "coon hunters". There are prob 20-30 deer hunters in Ark that run deer dogs for every "foxhunter" The possibilities are great if we just put our shoulder to the wheel and push.
DEREK DUPRE

You are right when I was a kid we used to have several barbeques and bench shows here in Ar , take up a Friday or Sat evening and raise money, if you had three to four a year it could raise a good deal of money without to much effort
DEREK DUPRE

I don't field trial much but I will donate a $1.00 for every dog and pup in my kennel.

Derek, I thought at one time I saw on here that you were part of a national hound hunters assoc. I agree that the local chapter thing is a good idea. If we can get all houndsmen involved it would be great. It is foxhounds now, it was bear and lion hounds before, it'll be coon or rabbit dogs next who knows. We do need to group together because divided we fall. Aaron and I were talking about Ted Nugent the other night about how he was saying no matter what kind of hunting you are involved in to support the kind the next guy is involved in because they (anti's) are coming after all of us.

P.S. Like Aaron said Ted is a little radical but that may be just what we need because the people that are killing our sport are more than a little radical.

Ted Nugent for President
Charlie "What this World Needs is a few more REDNECKS" Daniels for V.P.

I spoke with Jan and he meant for his reply to be a challange to all hunters not field trials---

Will we are in the prgress of getting everything together to put on such a hunt in Andalsuia,Al

Re: $1.00 per dog---50/50 raffle

I think it is a great idea.

I would also include a 50/50 raffle at each hunt, with proceeds going towards hunting associations.

I would also like to see all foxpens make it manditory for the $1 per dog and create a foxpen sign up page on this website showing which pens are in compliance.

Maybe at the end of the year have a special award for foxpen owners and/or hunting organizations who donated certain ammounts.

Randy some of this already being done but problem with the awards are some pens draw bigger numbers of dogs than others but I agree all that do the $1.00 per dog should be reconized.We need this from the north to the south and east to west all hunts and pens should jump on this.

I totally agree that some pens draw bigger crowds than others, thats why they should be recognized because they would be donating more.
its all for the same cause, no loser...I take that back, we all will be losers if we dont do something.

If a list was made on which pens are willing to comply to the $1 per dog, I believe they would draw more dogs to their hunts, just my 2 cents.

This is kind of a disapointment that I have not seen another hunt that would say they would join in with this effort except the ones Dupree said. Yall just sit back and thats what we all will be doing every night and weekend.

where will all the money be sent too, or will it be direct deposit to a specified account?

The account is still in the works.

I think most if not all hunts will follow suit I can't see them not giving to a parent or national org that we form to protect our rights. I know we need to get busy and believe it or not people are already on it There is a lot of work to be done a lot of rules and regulations by laws etc to be written it will happen it just takes time and we are all wishing and wanting for something to be done now and it's only been two business days since this all took place Lets see where we are at by the end of next week

SHRA hunt raised over $300 dollars to the winnner of the 50/50 at Tar River today. The winner donated his portion to the fund. That made over $600 donated in less than 1 hour of work.

Randy that is great and hopefully more hunts will join in. All of this is a step in the right direction.

D&Bfox pen will donate on all of our affiliated hunts for the remander of the year good luck down there.Need info on where to send it.

To all associations that are to be collecting a $1.00 per dog or are going to give a donation please hold all money collected in your club or association bank account until an account for this can be set up. Hopefully someone will post on the messsage board all information yall will need, until then keep gathering cause we will need lots of money to keep this fight going and for the future. Thank you for all your support.