​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scoring Question

I have only Judged puppy hunts or All-age Speed and Drive hunts but I was wondering when scoring a AA and Derby hunt that runs together how do you give out points. Say 1 derby with several AA running in 3 position in the pack what points does he receive or would he be considered running alone. I know that is simple but have never been involved in judging a hunt like this and I feel like it is about time I do some judging. It's kind of like coaching summer ball you always have the right ideals until you are the coach then you see why my daugther did not get to play where she wanted. I think we should all give it a try before we talk bad about our judges and I have had the thoughts so it is time to try judging.

Re: Scoring Question

mike by national rules 1 derby gets 20 points. now if there is 2 or more al-age start at 35points then go down until u get 2 15 points. i hope i answered your question. kelly

Mike the "derby" hound hets 20 points, scored as "running alone"! The All-Age hounds would start at 35 points for first and drop accordingly as they are considered to be running in a "pack"!
Good luck in judging, hope you enjoy it and do well too. There are some great judges out there that would be glad to help you in any way they can.

ALLAN BISHOP
(JABBER JAW)

Mike, not trying to smart alec. You can order a rule book from the chase for $2.50.every question you might have is in there. Aply those rules to a little common sence and you will do fine.

Thanks for the help.

HEY MIKE JUST GO TO MAIN PAGE ON MASTERFOX AND YOU CAN OPEN UP MASTERS RULES THERE ,NOT A LOT OF DIFFERENCES IN THE WAY DOGS ARE SCORED FOR S+D IN EITHER RULES -GOOD LUCK-DAVID BAILEY