​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
uso nostalgia

Photobucket

Since a lot of you gentlemen at the hunt were not with us yet, when the first invatation came to us and ch coy jr started it of winning in 1946.
thought you would enjoy seeing the very first ad for this great hunt.notice at bottom,does not say call for info,instead write.
phones,electric,inside plumbing,fancy trucks,tracking collars,color tv,atv,s etc make it a lot more fun than in the early days.guys be safe have a great time ,hope the best hound there wins it.
dick mc crary

Re: uso nostalgia

Dick,

I have this ad in the back of the handout I made for the USO.

Also got a picture of Coy Jr. on the back.

The front is dedicated to Ebbie McElveen, past USO Secretary and Master.

Thanks for putting this up.

Jeff Brinchek

jeff
super nice handout,honors a great gentleman,hound,and one of the most revered trials,would like to see one sometime,real keepsake for sure.
if weather and all is good you guys will have a ball,take care friend.
d m

Dick, I hope that I am correct on this one! I was 12 back in 1960 and I can remember reading the stud ads over and over in the Hunter's Horn. I believe that the 1960 U.S.O. winner was China Groves Lee. His picture showed him to be a white stretched out made hound. Can anyone remember if I am correct on this 'educated guess?' Fifty years ago and it seems only like last evening to me. Good Hunting, Chuck Richey

chuck
china grove lee did win 1960 uso,don,t remember the year but i believe lee brown fairfield ill had him at stud for a while.