​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GPS COLLARS

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SITE THAT CAN BEAT 494.00 FOR A ONE COLLAR GARMIN GPS UNIT.

Re: GPS COLLARS

just bought one from pcwarehouse for 474.00 shiping included

Try Lion Country Supply 1-800-662-5202 or
S&R Sporting Goods Howard and Ann Owens 573-669-5101 they are fellow hound owners.

Thanks for the plug kevin. I can't beat that price but I can keep you hunting if(when) your unit breaks down. I understand how important it is to have your tracking unit when a hunt is planned and I will try to get you back in business and in the woods again asap. Most of the units that you see cheap have no customer service other than garmin which is not very good.
Thanks, Howard Owen
S and R Sporting Goods
573-669-5101

Garmin has the best customer service. If it's under warranty they'll fix it. I sent a collar to them that quit and had a brand new one in a week and a half. There are dozen of people on the other boards that will testify to this also.

it depends on who you get on the other end of the phone line. I deal with them every day.

AN IMPORTANT QUESTION TO ASK WHEN THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING A GARMIN IS:
1.IF MY ASTRO RECEIVER OR DC30 COLLAR BREAKS DOWN, WILL YOU GIVE ME A LOANER UNTIL MY UNIT IS REPAIRED?
2. IF MY UNIT BREAKS DOWN, DO I HAVE TO DEAL WITH GARMIN IF I GET PUT ON HOLD FOR 20 OR 30 MINUTES OR WILL YOU SEND ME A UNIT AND DEAL WITH GARMIN?

AT S AND R SPORTING GOODS, WE TRY TO MAKE IT QUICK AND AS EASY AS POSSIBLE TO GET BACK TO HUNTING INSTEAD OF DEALING WITH TRYING TO GET YOUR UNIT REPAIRED. SOMETIMES WE DO NOT HAVE A UNIT AVAILABLE BUT WE STRIVE TO KEEP YOU IN THE WOODS AND OFF OF THE HELP LINE! WE CAN TALK YOU THROUGH SOME PROBLEMS ON THE PHONE AND HAVE YOU IN BUSINESS THE SAME DAY.

HOWARD AT S AND R HAS SAVED THE DAY FOR ME SEVERAL TIMES,EVEN ON SUNDAY I HAVE CALLED FOR ADVICE AND HE HELPED ME OUT. BEFORE I BOUGHT A SECOND ASRTO HE EVEN LOANED ME HIS JUST TO KEEP ME GOING.
GARMINS WARRANTY WORK IS SECOND TO NONE, BUT I DONT HAVE TIME FOR 45 MINUTES OF SOFT ROCK MUSIC JUST TO TALK TO SOMEONE THAT DOESNT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A COLLAR AND AN ASTRO.

S AND R / GARMIN...THANK YOU BOTH!

"BEFORE I BOUGHT A SECOND ASRTO HE EVEN LOANED ME HIS JUST TO KEEP ME GOING."

I've not looked at the GPS units to much but, It really doesn't speak to well of the unit that you must have two in order to keep one working all the time.

Kyle Stotesberry
252-809-9124

In my opinion they may not be as reliable as the beep beep collars but if you want to know exactly what a dog is doing there is no comparision. Wouldn't trade mine for anything buy I don't turn them out without both collars. Just wish they had more channels to pick from.

their necks will start to get streched out like them folks in the National Geographic book by the time you strap on all the collars,..... name tag, shock, old tracker and new tracker.

IT WILL LEARN THEM HEADS UP HOUNDS TO PUT THEIR NOSE ON THE GROUND WITH ALL THEM COLLARS ON THEM, THEN MAYBE THEY WILL LEARN HOW TO RUN A GREY FOX.

Thanks for all of the advice. I have made my decision and bought one.

Thanks
Hall of Fame Kennel
Stephen Cooper

Erwincomputers.com

notjustgps.com 465.00