​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: what is guinea breed

I mean full of **** and vinegar. Hard to put collars on trim toenails etc, takes about a 12 hour day of running to get the wire edge off of them.

Gary, that a good description of the guinea hounds being hyper. Some of the older females that I owned were skiddish and hard to handle. You couldn't catch Jake Floyds with a dip net, but he could handle them. But crossing them on the liqour breed may have mellow them out, most of mine are good handleing hounds. I found out hunting them on the outside and trying to keep them quite in a dog coop, you have to use a wimb on them. Happy Hunting!

JUST GOT PUPS OFF A TEN YEAR OLD GYP THAT HAS 2 CROSS'S OF STREAKING GUINEA D. AND TWO CROSS'S OF THIRSTY GUINEA C.FOUR CROSS'S OF STREKER HAGGIN .TWO CROSS'S OF POWDER PUFF GUINEA D.TWO CROSS'S OF TOBER HAGGIN AND THREE CROSS'S OF BELL RAIDER C.TREAKER HAGGIN ,FLYING SAM RAIDER,SMILING BLAZE HAGGIN,COCHRAN LIL CRICKET,BLUE MARSH RUSTY, FLOWERS SQUELLER,KNIGHTS RINGO RAMBLER AN ALOT MORE, BREED HER TO A BRIDGES PENCIL MALE. HEARD ALOT ABOUT THESE HOUNDS JUST DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM.

JUST BREED MY BRIDGES PENCIL MALE TO A TEN YEAR OLD GYP AND GOT 5 PUPS, SHE HAS TWO CROSS'S OF STREAKING GUINEA AN TWO CROSS'S OF THIRSTY GUINEA.FOUR CROSS'S OF STREAKER HAGGIN,TWO CROSS'S OF TOBER HAGGIN,THREE CROSS'S OF BELL RAIDER C. TREAKER HAGGIN,FLYING SAM RAIDER, COCHRAN LIL CRICKET,JO JESTER HELLUMS JR. FLOWERS SQUELLER,BLUE MARSH RUSTY,KNIGHTS RINGO RAMBLER,TWO CROSS'S OF B G BLACK TOBE,PHILLIPS BLACK BART AND TWO CROSS'S OF POWDER PUFF GUINEA D.AND ALOT MORE. HEARD ALOT ABOUT THESE HOUNDS JUST DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM,PUPS ARE SPOTTED UP BUT AS LONG AS THEY CAN RUN SOMETHING IL BE HAPPY.

Since this old discussion on the guinea line has come back up I have a question, years back mr Arnold Phillips had a lot of this haggin/streaking guinea blood. He was in tn I believe and advertised a dog named Phillips Hi Tail, is he still around or does anyone know if this stock is still being bred by anybody. I know the Guinea crossed well with the Liquor but it seems the Liquor is a lot easier to find than the Guinea blood. I realize that the Guinea name will be 4 or 5 generations back now but has anybody bred the guinea blood on thru with several crosses back to it? thanks, Wayne

I believe Harvey Hardison had a couple of Guinea bred gyps a few years back. He might have gotten them from Mr. Phillips. I believe he bred them to Mighty Man. Do not know if he still has them, but he might know where some hounds out of them are located. Hope this helps.

THE GYP I BREED TO MY PENCIL MALE IS ONE OF THESE GYPS THAT HARVEY HAD HER NAME IS PHILLIPS CAT TAIL, IVE GOT 4 PUPS OFF HER NOW BOUT 6 DAYS OLD. TONS OF GUINEA AND HAGGIN AN RAIDER PEDIGREE IN THIS GYP,

in our area of central, la, brian peart would have the most paperwork and knowledge about the guinea hounds. he ran a large number of them and bred a good many hound with the guinea bloodline. he is the man that own rube that someone mention earlier. he also had war eagle. brian has all his old reg papers etc. on the dogs he bred and raised. he live on hwy 107 about 4 miles from Pineville,la. he was known to have hounds with plenty of speed.

just reading up on this old post about guinea d dogs,i can tell you what i know about them, that is that they weren't talked about much until the cross between powder puff guinea and streaker Haggin produced Streaking Guinea D which was the stud that produced most of the guinea d dogs you will see today as for the gentleman that has decided to build his kennel off Haggin Raider and Pickett i can only say hats off as that was the backbone of my fathers bloodlines, the very proud owner of Streaker Haggin and one of the best hounds men the sport has ever seen.

MR. EMERSON, YOU ARE CORRECT,NOT STEVE WATTS BUT RON SHERIDIAN, FROM CANADA, STREAKER HAGGIN WAS PURCHASED BY MY FRIEND DON RICHEY OF BENTON,ARK. CORRECTION AS TO MR. RICHEY HAVING MY MATRON MY DIRT DOBBER, SHE WAS BRED BY ME AND OWNED HER TILL HER DEATH, WHICH WAS 13 YRS. MY DIRT DOBBER WAS BY:(TEXAS OPEN Ch. FATS WATTERS X BRENDA B. WALLACE) FATS WAS OWNED BY ME WHEN MY FATHER TOOK HIM TO THE 1960 TEXAS OPEN AT DEADWOOD, TX. WHICH AT THE TIME, RAN 7 HRS. 4 DAYS. HE WAS: (ROWDY KING X MARIE WATTERS) BRENDA B. WALLACE WAS:FULL MATE TO MEAN LIQUIOR.(OZARK BOURBON LIQUIOR X GREASY HEAD) MY DIRT DOBBER PRODUCED ONE OF THE BEST LITTERS I HAD THE PLEASURE OF OWNING AND RUNNING. THIS WAS FROM THE GREATEST SIRES OF MY HUNTING CAREER,FOURCHE RIVER RAMBLER, HAPPY HUNTING.....GOD BLESS P.S. OH YES, I fail to mention that DOBBER produced my A.A.Ch. CHARLIE BROWN W.(1971)

1 2