​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
old line walkers

Does anybody raise the old line walkers anymore? its been years since I've seen any advertised , so i thought i would see if anybody on here knew of any HUNTERS that raise the old line black and tan walkers. Thanks for any info .

Re: old line walkers

There was an old man I was blessed to hunt with that had old line blood and lots of it they were old red dogs not really fast but would be running at the 10 or 14 hour mark good hounds.he has since passed and I'm not shuts if his grand son keeped them or not.he is from iowa

We have them here. Blood line that is 50 year old. Does that count? Liquor breed.

ther was a man named ray dunn in freeport florida that the real thing a few years back. not trying to sound smart but i dont think old line walkers are red or liquor bred. they are their own breed and all of them are b&t. i apologize if i am wrong.

I have a o line puppy from Mr Allen Pantalion you can call me at 318-581-5571

I thought old line walkers were black white and tan. Any way we got some liquor breed dogs thAt on the bottom side is. Goes back 50 years

arkansas what the heck are you talkin bout? 50 year old bwt old line walkers that are liquor bred? HUH?

We may not understand what a old line walker is. Never mind .?..?

Please over look this knucklehead most us Arkansas hunters are Smarter than this

Yall are confussing me. If they are liquor breed they must be a specific color to be considered old line? I was under the impression that this blood line went back well over 50 years and have seen many color variations.

They are B/T in color and not liquor bred

Old Line Walkers are BT as a general rule 99% of the time. They are their on breed, not liquor bred hounds.

They use to have an Old Line Walker Hunt every year, and a hound had to be at least 3/4 Old Line bred to participate. I don't think they have had a hunt now in several years.

The only real old line breeder I ever knew was Johnnie McDougle from North, GA, and from the last report I had he still had a little left in his hounds but not soild Ole Line bred like at one time.

From what i have seen a little Ole Line in a hound is good but too much is not that great in my opinon as a whole. A quater or so will give a hound great mouth, good hunt, and plenty of gamness, just from what I have seen and no I have not seen them all, but they are Black and Tan for sure, with good mouths and feet and dead game most of the time.

Just tryin to help out.

Good Huntin,

True Grit,
JB

I was a good friend of George Deller ftom DallesTown Penns. 50 years ago he had hounds that went back to an original old line walker named Cork they were Black and Tan, tough solid hounds.He gave me a young hound I named him Cork, ran him with walkers,Julies,he never took a back seat to any hound. WISH I HAD ONE LIKE HIM TODAY

E. Knighten still has a strain of them here in SW arkansas. Not sure of the specifics other than he still has some, and the ones he has left are pretty old.

I OWN A 3/4 LIQUOR GYP IN 75 THAT WAS 1/4 FIREBALL TINNIN BLOOD LINE, REAL OLD LINE BLACK AND TAN. FAST AND TOUGH,WITH A GOOD A NOSE AS THEY GET. BRED HER 3 TIMES AND NEVER DID GET A SORRY PUP. AN OLD FRIEND OF MIND BACK IN THE DAY WENT UP TO MR TINNINS TO RUN A RED. MR TINNIN TURN OLD FIREBALL OUT TO STRIKE AND WASN'T LONG, HE JUMPED. MR TINNIN SAID OLD FIREBALL GOT HIM UP IF YOU CAN RUN HIM. MY OLE BUDDY TURN TO HIM AND COULDN'T DO NOTHING WITH HIM. GOOD HUNTIN

call david black in st.clair mo.636-544-0827. he has them thats is full blooded old line walkers. the man he got his start from had them for over 50 years.david isnt hunting much so call him

My brother runs and breeds Old Line Walker coyote hounds.
His name is Ken Arndt, 507-451-0993.

henry clay k---scotty---guide---old glee---trav---arp---young heatter--cork--- tom tilley-- fireball tinnin-- raymond robinson--these are some of the ones that made them black and tan.
through the 50s hugh king and deward hinson here in missouri had some good ones.

Just had 9 old lines born yesterday.
Give me a call 1 (870) 542-7131

Where in Arkansas?