​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
White Paint Removing- HELP

What is the best and saf"est way to get white paint out? Thanks for any-help. May have caused Kidney Failure on a good one by using brake fluid. (dot 3)

Re: White Paint Removing- HELP

Try citrus strip found at most Walmarts. gel or spray can both work well and are safe. Hope this helps good luck

The brake fluid didn't cause kidney failure. Might check ur meds.

Alot of people have used brake fluid for a long time. I aint much on side effects like that. Diffrent people use difrent paint removers. Acetone brake fluid citrus strip and soy strip. They all work .

brake fluidis bad on dogs kidneys had one at the vet and the toxics in the fluid was what shut his kidneys down per the vet

Mr. Rodney, as bad as I hate to read your reply, I think I may be guilty of one's Death. I have used brake fluid before with no problems and not sure it caused the kidney failure but after hearing other hunters opinion and experience in using it I feel I need to be on DEATH ROW! And you know its always the best one. But thanks anyway, I have learned the hard way not to use the stuff again, I'll let'em pull it out first.

Need Help, hate to hear that bout your hound. I have used brake fluid for a long, long time and have never had one go because of it to my knowledge. In saying that, I can't help to believe that brake fluid has got to be bad for em! I have started trying to use the citrus strip. Comes in a spray can. Spray the number good and soften it up. Then take a firm bristled brush and try to start brushing it out. U will have to keep cleaning the paint and stuff out of your brush with the water hose and repeating the steps. After you do it the first time, take some paper towels and wipe the excess paint that you have brushed out off of the hound. Then spray more citrus strip and repeat the process. When you get it broke down to a minimum amount left in the hair, take some acetone and work the rest out. Then, I wash the hound out with soap and water and it's pretty much gone. Hope this helps you.

PS. Nothing that you use is going to be totally easy! I have tried em all. I would have to say that brake fluid is the easy way out. I have been as guilty as any. Got too much going on or don't feel like taking the time to get the number out right then, spray the fluid on and go in the house. I try not to use it anymore. Just don't think it's good for em!!!!

there was a time way back yander that i never saw anything except finger nail polish remover used on painted numbers,you may need two do a little work and put it on couple times than a rag and some warm soapy water and a coarse comb,better than hide and all.
may not work at all now since i am sure you have a much better grade of paint now than back fifty or more years ago,might try it.