​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cydectin Wormer???

Does anybody know anything about this wormer? Like how much to give and what not. Any help will be appreciated!

Re: Cydectin Wormer???

3/4 cc in mouth once a month

i use the pour on cydectin once a month 3/4 cc in mouth ive had good luck

Don't give it to pups.

1 cc per 22 lbs in the mouth. I have had good look using it.

Does it get all the worms?

Its same thang as ivamec. :(sun:). Now-/ is it purple or clear ?

I give 1cc once a month to most of my dogs, 1 1/2 to my larger dogs. I'm not sayin Bonner is wrong but I give it to my puppies too.

Vet told me that it was a stronger/harsher wormer and shouldn't be used on pups. Mine were 5 and 1/2 months I think. I only gave them a half cc too. They were the epitome of health when I gave it to them. Vet said it was most likely what stirred up the coccidia sporazen. I didn't know that the sporazen lived in a dogs intestines all their lives, but that they were dormant until something stirred them. Anyway, since I quit using it I haven't lost anymore hounds. Also haven't had any coccidia outbreaks either so that tells me it was what caused the problem too. For the money I order name brand ivomec from Jeffers. 500 cc for around 140 bucks. A little more expensive, but it is tried and true proven by many hunters through the past decades. I'm sticking with what I know works. I know lots of folks that use cydectin and have had good luck so far.

If I use this wormer will my Hounds eat tin cans too.Man could save a lot of money.Use canine wormer no second guessing.BAH BAH

Billy Goat you aren't very smart cause the wormer is for Cattle not goats. Have a nice day!

Thanks David for the info. Sounds like I had better back off the puppies.

No problem snake. That was just my experience with it. I'd hate to see anybody else go through what I did.

Cattle do some rearch for goats too SILLY COW now whos dumb

Cydectin is Monoxidectin (similar to ivomectin) I've been using it since it came out on cattle N goats (orally) and for several years orally on dogs. I give pups 4months & up 1cc & grown dogs 2cc monthly. I belive it works well in the rotation with fendabendazole wormers, but it's easy to build up a resistance to if you don't use in a rotation. Hope this helps!

PS- I have an unopened 5Liter bottle of Cydectin (enough to worm 200cattle weighing 500 pounds & an unopened 1 gallon jug of panacur (fendebendazole). I'd sell cheaper than you can buy if anyone was interested. call or text 501-802-0958. Thanks...

check your text messages

has anybody had any luck using the swine wormer Atgard

will check my messages around 645pm when i get off work. Thanks...

Is it the 1cc per 4lbs or 1cc per 8lbs panacur? How much?

According to the vet on dogs 1cc per 5 pounds. It's not a dangerous wormer if you dose at a higher level & is often dosed 3 days in a row to wipe out everything!

My vet orders it in different strengths. He has some in paste form that is 1 cc per 25 lbs. he won't sell it to me, but the liquid I buy is for 1 cc per 8lbs.

How much you want for the gallon?

Lots of calls & text but no buyer yet! I will take $285 for the panacur gallon and $185 for the 5L of cydectin. will ship either for $15. call or text. thanks...

Steve, how old is the bottle of Panacur? Does it have a expiration date printed on its label?

Yes Sir- It expires November of 2014. Hope this helps!

The Panacur sells for $389 plus shipping from Jeffers Vet Supply. (listed as Safegaurd (both identical made by intervet)panacur is the version sold by vets).

Will save someone some money @ $285...

Call or text!

BTT

Lots of calls and text- I'm open to reasonable offers...

I have a question about the cydectin as used with canines. I'm reading that it also controls fleas, but I'm getting confused on using it internally or externally. Have you seen it used to control fleas? and/or are you also using a separate product for fleas along with the cydectin for dogs?

Btt

Becky I have been using Cydectin for about 3 years with my dogs internally for worms, it seems to work very well for me. I had some men tell me to put it on there backs to control fleas but it did not work for me at all. If u use Cydectin on canines u should read all of these posts especially David Bonners he seems to have researched it quite a bit.

How old is this listing

you use pour on in the mouth?