​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deer dog hunting on Kisatchie

Would like some info on the LSA's progress with this issue. I thought we had a court date for November 2013. Has Charles Elliot been contacted by KNF to talk about the issue? Is the LSA still a functioning organization? No news is generally bad news in a situation like this!

Re: Deer dog hunting on Kisatchie

mike, we waiting on court date. the forestry just sent a lot of junk on a dvd to our lawyer that in my opinion had nothing to do with deer hunting, but he is looking at it. this is suppose to be what they are to base their case upon. we hope to meet with him next week to see where we are at with a COURT DATE. the lsa is still trying to stand up for all hunters in fighting this. we still have some hunting clubs that suppose to collect their dues, but I have not heard from them. this court date will be a final decision as to the future of dog hunting.

Mr. Leroy, keep me posted and let me know what i can do to help. I am a member of the northwest louisiana foxhunters group and have been talking to some of those members and they are also willing to help. Thanks for replying.

mike, we had a meeting today at hineston, la with some hunters about deer hunting on the forest. we are trying to get to court according to our attorney but the u.s. forestry continue to be very difficult to deal with. they are refuseing to follow the law in not providing information needed for our attorney to prepare our case. he is having to go to court to try to get the judge to force them to send us the information which is extra time and money. they try to outlast you since it does not cost them anything but their time. bottom line is we hope to get in court in 60 days but really not sure. this is a very important case that will set the stage for future hunting for our grandchildren.