Comment
Best stud mr David Hellums has had

What was the best stud he has had

Re: Best stud mr David Hellums has had

hoehners strycknine

Action Cat!!!!

Chad which are you talking about, the best running stud dog or the best producing? I say that the best running and winning stud hound was White Cat but to my opinion Jo Jester Hellums Jr. was the best producing hound.

Action Cat's were nice, didn't seem to have the speed for pen hunts.
Master Jo produced the best deer hounds i've seen

Hoehners Stricknine won only one hunt that I know of and didnot produce to good either

My question is what was the first stud dog Mr. Hellums ever promoted? I would like to know the year as well. Thanks Dan Swofford

What did the fudge dog he had do

Back in the early 60's he promoted to two stud hounds, the name of these two hounds were Charger Hellums and 26M, and the color of these hounds where white. To my knowledge he this is where Mr. David started his breeding of white hounds.

Jimmy's Ziploc B

Mr jack who owned ziploc before mr David had him

I went to mr. Davids home to breed a jip a few years back and we had some good conversations about the first time he ever used black hair dye and tracking collars and how folks thought it was against the rules and he said that he thought Jo Jester Jr. was the best producer. I bought some pups off Jr. in about 1977 from a guy in George county and at that time there were no pens in south Ms. that I knew of so we all hunted in the woods and them things could run a red fox or a deer.

mr chip do u have any white pups for sale

Jimmy Brown in NC had Jimmy's Ziploc B. before David Hellums took him to Mississippi.

Jimmy's Ziploc B. along with Gunstock Casper would be top of my list for the best studs that David ever had.

However, Mr. Hellums told me that Ole Mark Hellums was probably produced the most complete fox hound in his opinon. I never actually seen any hounds straight off Mark Hellums.

But I seen several off Ziploc B. and Casper that was above average hounds.

True Grit,
Jonathan

KILLER CAT! HE WON'T BREED TO BUT TWICE AND I HAD ONE OFF

OF HIM AND WANDA JEAN THAT WAS JUST WHAT A MAN WANTED !!

KEITH SMITH DID WELL WITH SOME THAT WENT BACK TO KILLER CAT

ALSO !!!!

LATER !!!

MICHAEL L. MITCHELL

Without a doubt Jo Jester Jr.We hunted on the outside then and he threw as good hounds as you could want. I and my hunting buddies owned several by him and different females and they were exceptional.I will say Jo Jester Jr. and Fourche River Rambler were by far the greatest two producers I have ever known

In my humble opinion I would have to say Jo Jester Jr His pups had good speed , great mouths and tough as nails

Btt

I was partial to Ole Mark. Mr. Hellums named Mark after my cousin.

When I first started running registered hounds I bought a pup off of a dog that Martin Sewell owned named heartburn Zach he was off of joe jester hellums jr she was one of the best I ever hung a collar own when she got older Buddy Obrien told me he would pay the stud fee if I would breed her to mark hellums we never made the cross but I bet that would have made some good ones.

My father is Jerrald Bland. My father thought Mark Hellums was the best stud dog until Mr david stop studding him. He then starting using Ziploc B.

white cat hands down