​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CoachMc-Flowers Bred Hounds

Coach, I read your earlier post about Flowers bred hounds and I did a little research.

The post about Steve Wofford and Hubert Goodnight were on the money as Mr. Wofford had a hound called House's Hoss not too awful long ago that was heavy in J.R.House's breeding and he produced some winning hounds if my memory serves me correctly.

Mr. Goodnight had stud ads several years ago that featured hounds that were heavily Flowers bred too.

Today, one of the more popular hounds that I see in pedigrees that go back to a good bit of Flowers breeding are Sam B. Shaw. Sam was off of Garner's Singing Sam, who was by USO ch. Shaw's Bessie, who was by Puckett's B.J.
Also, Sam's pedigree on the bottom side goes back to some of Kenny McLamb's breeding that has Flowers blood also.

East Coast Hollywood had a good bit of Flowers breeding in him through Garner's Singing Sam as he was in his pedigree twice in the 3rd generation.

I don't know where you live, but there is a hound that I bred that is by Hollywood and a Sam B. Shaw gyp that I sold to J.W.Webb a few year's ago. The last I heard, Ozzie was at Simpson, La. at a Pelt gentleman's place. He is about 9 years old now but Mr. Pelt's gyp had 9 pups off of him I understand, so he still has bullets left.

Finally, in addition to the House bred hounds, hounds bred by Ron Sheridan were very popular some years back and they are heavily Flowers bred.

Re: CoachMc-Flowers Bred Hounds

I used to get the chase bout 12 years ago. There was some dogs roscoe Dawson had I believe. I SURE would like to have had some hounds that looked like them. Did they have flowers in them? Seems I think they did.

Yes, Ray. They did.

He is still breeding that bloodline too.

I forgot about them.

MR BILL COULD YOU GIVE ME A CALL,870-826-6048

Thank you Mr McGee. I will try to follow up. If anyone else has knowledge of anyone who has the Flowers bloodline I would appreciate any info I could get. I live in the NW part of Arkansas about 30 minutes south of Branson, Missouri. Our numbers as far as hunters are way down around these parts. As the older hunters pass on there are fewer and fewer. Young people have too many other interests to be interested in hounds seems like.

Runt, I have a pair of gyps off of Famous that are coming in heat now. I plan to breed them to the Rea's Lick that I have here. Is there any particular bloodline that seems to cross well on the Famous hounds?

I dont think Steve ever owned Hoss, Ronnie Rogers in MO. Had Hoss. I judged him at the Kansas State and he was a real coyote hound. Steve bred to him alot and had some good hounds of off him.
My last Hoss gyp died last year, she was a real hound also.

I HAVE OWNED TWO DIFFERENT DOGS SIRED BY HOUSES HOSS AND THEY WERE GREAT DOGS FOR ME.THESE DOGS CROSSED WELL ON SOME JULY BLOOD AND IS THE MAINSTAY OF MY BLOOD LINE I USE..GOOD SPEED AND TOUGH ENOUGH FOR ME..RIDGE

THE REASON THEY CROSSED WELL ON THE JULYS WAS BECAUSE PERCY

HAD PUT SOME JULY IN THEM A LONG TIME AGO !!!!!!

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know him or did you run dogs with him better yet do you even have any flowers dogs!!!!! Percy an J.R. House was men among boys......Its still a few boys in NC that has The J.R. House Blood and if you think you can handle them msg back an we will set the place an time!!!!!

ASK REGGIE EDWARDS !!!

WHEN ??? & WHERE ????

LATER

MLM

Michael, One of the many interesting items I found in the 'Lost Flowers' book is when his son re-calls Mr. Percy telling a handler to 'bring the July gyp....'.
P.S. Let's not let our friends and admirers in Missouri in on this. They have enough cock-eyed conspiracy theories as it is.

Eric--enough said.

Yes percy had a July but don't mean they crossed them...And i know 150% that J.R. House did not cross his dogs and the Houses Warcry was one of the greatest crosses ever...You might need to go talk to reggie!!! We asked around i heard they call you (The Don)! I might need to call them NC Boys to go check ya out they some good boys an humble but got some power they dont sell none of them but we been trying to buy some i think they are the last to have Houses Blood so pockets gotta be very deep (The Don) thats a big name for somebody that aint never won any big hunts!!! Be careful what you wish for........But if you really wanna findout what that house blood is all about then ill send them to ya! Happy hunting Boys

HEY ERIC !!! LONG TIME !!! HOW IS THE WEATHER IN

THE GREAT NORTH COUNTRY ??? HOW ABOUT THEM

BLUE JAYS ?????

Michael, The weather is hot. The Blue Jays is cold. I hate the Dodgers almost as much as I hate the Yankees and Red Sox.

Sonny, Fortunately that Mizzou crew can't read anything but totem poles and Benjamins, so there's no chance of them finding out our little secrets.
Ivan and Kathy were gracious enough to let me have their old Snow Girl gyp to raise a litter of pups. Bred her to a line bred Sheridan hound owned by Andy Farrow. I've got five fat pups that I have high hopes for.
Also have an advance breeding on the Darth Vader hound of theirs out of the Roy hound that you sent up to them. It's a shame he didn't live longer. He produced some real hounds for them. If you can't beat em, join em -- except where the Nation is concerned.

TOO THE MLM HATER SINCE YOU WONT PUT YER NAME ON YER POST ATLEAST TELL US WHO THESE BAD ASS FOX HUNTERS ARE THAT YOU WANNA SICK ON THE WORLD. THE HOUSE AND FLOWERS BLOOD WAS GOOD BUT THOSE FELLAS HAVE BEEN DRUG AROUND BY SOME OTHER NC. BOYS THAT ARE STILL HUNTING AND THEY MIGHT WONT A REMATCH WITH SOME OF THAT AWESOME BREEDING. SICK EM

Re: NO NAME POSTER !! YOU CALLED ME OUT !!!

NOW LETS DANCE !!!! IM YOUR HUCKELBERRY !!!

PUT DOWN THE BLOUNT !!! TURN OFF SPONGE BOB !!

AND LETS GO !!! WANNA BE !! HAS BEEN !!! NEVER BEEN !!!

CALL ME !!!! KEY BOARD COWBOY !!!!!

LATER !!!!!!!!

P.S. DON'T I KNOW YOUR MOMMA ???

MICHAEL L. MITCHELL

LOL Im not driving all the way to the eastcoast to prove a point!! But i know some boys out there that will be glad to come run with you. LOL Blount naw buddy not smoking a blunt but we sure smoke them Yotes gotta put the tooth pick on my dogs now to get the hairballs out they teeth Lmao. Im not a MLM Hater i dont even know him but im backing a great bloodline that you was putting down on some he say she say stuff and thats not right by no means until you have solid proof! Then you call out a hall of famer Mr. Edwards like he told you this story. Percy an J.R. They are not here to speak up for there blood so somebody had too, Now What are you running deer yotes fox whats your beast of choice. These boys im speaking on are humble guys that dont talk to much but ready to go and i see you got some boys behind you. Must be the man out there HUCKELBERRY LOL !!!. So MLM imma call them and let them know somebody would like to try them out on the eastcoast being that im not driving that far for a name cause i already have one back home. So with that said Its not personal but you just cant do that to a blood you know little about! Now is there a place for them to run yall down there if so where ill let them know all the info! Thank you!! Happy running boys!

Big Red Shack

Mr coach mc you asked for any knowledge of anyone who might have some flowers breeding. I know a man in steinhatchee fla who has some I just bought a 5 yo gyp from him with flowers blood to deer hunt im not sure how close the breeding is on her but he said she was flowers bred. He did tell me he doesnt know much about the flowers bred hounds. I know its a long ways from you but its nice knowing there is some still out there.

Thank you Mr. Moore. Do you happen to have contact info for the man?

Yes sir I do his name is phil bratcher his number is 352 949 8006

Coach, Hope your enjoying "retirement". I saw a mans name referenced in an earlier post of "Pelt" in the state of La. It may be referring to Alan Pelt of "Celestial Basin Kennels". I do not get the Horn anymore but he use to have a listing there. There is also a young man in North Mo/Southern Iowa by the name of Joey Flowers that is some distant kin, he might be able to give you a lead also. Just trying to help. Good luck, God bless and keep your powder dry.

JW HOSS WAS CROSSED ON A JULY FOR SURE KNOW A MAN WELL

THAT HAD ONE !!

Coach I spoke with mr phil a little while ago he said he has a hound down there with 3 or 4 crosses of the jw hound in him and I was mistaken when I said he didnt know a lot about the flowers blood he told me he knew percy flowers personally and recieved quite a few hounds from him over the years

Ok. Thank you. I will try to contact him. What part of Florida is he in? North, Middle, South?

Its over on the gulf coast so northwest fla its near the old sandsifter pen

coach mc, mr. sharp is correct. there is a mr. pelt at simpon, la who has some hounds. he did run at Harlan hagan pen a while back but have not heard anything about him lately. I know he love to have hounds with the old time bloodline in them, but I do not know what he has now. hope this help you.

Thank you Mr Leroy. I wish we could go back and get some of that old bloodline from years past whether it be Flowers, Liquor, Pickett, Raider or whatever. We seem to have bred for speed so much that we have lost alot of what a foxhound or coyote hound used to be. That plus the pen hunting is so much different than outside. We put up with alot more faults now than we did when we hunted outside.