​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
farrows hittman

Looking for some pups off this hound and some information on him. Thanks for any info

Re: farrows hittman

I know where there are 10 week old pups out of Surefire Sako who is out of Hitman

Where are they located? My number is 850-324-8819 you can call or text

As far as I understand Andy Farrow still owns Hitman. He has been crossed a few time with great success on Ron Sheridan's Patsy female.

I also heard that George Hill has bred a female to Hitman, but I wouldn't tell you that's true until I heard it from him. You just never know when you hear it from someone else.

Sako was an outstanding hound in his day too. Couldn't go wrong with pups off either.

Anyone have some contact information?

WHAT'S THE BREEDING ON HITTMAN?

Gary Bolton owns Surefire Sako his number is 613-802-2337. He would know how to contact Andy Farrow.

Farrow's Hitman is out of Saugeen Waco ex Sheridan's Apple

Waco just died last year I believe, he was a good looking hound. Good speed and handled a track well I was told. I saw him in the kennel at Bob Mahon's when I bought a young hound off Sako. Sheridan's Apple goes back to Diceman, I beleive that's where the speed to go with Hitman's track running comes from.

I didn't see Hitman run but I have heard nothing bad about him in the field.

Glenn Finch told me the only fault he found on Hitman was that he wasn't wearing one of his collars. That is high praise from Glenn. Glenn told me watching Hitman run he stuck the track well and figured out any check before any other hound had a chance.

Hard to say what would have happened had he been trialed more. But he had all the tools you could want

Nice to see some discussion on Andy's hound. He was an outstanding running hound and has produced some fine running hounds.
Hitman is line bred on the Rose Haven bloodlines that Ron Sheridan and others in Canada have had a lot of success with. He has five crosses of Sheridan's Scatman in his five-generation pedigree.
Hitman typifies the blood line, exhibiting and producing type, speed and brains. He was an excellent outside hound himself, in addition to winning the Canadian Open inside the wire and has produced some very good outside hounds -- born deer proof like their sire and with speed and fight, as well as a number of outstanding field trial hounds.

Sure do like that dice man blood but it hard to find on East coast. Where it's up close