MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Hall of Fame Living

Please respond with your Hall of Fame nomination for living

Re: Hall of Fame Living

I would like to nominate Leon Canoy for the hall of fame.For over 40 years now, Leon has raised,bred and trained the best bred Liquor dogs in America. Since the death of L.J.Beasley, he has carried on the Liquor bloodline and proved that they can be successful in field trials and night hunting.He is also the best hound man I've ever seen- by that I mean if you go to his kennel, you will see the best looking hounds and the best looking pups you can find anywhere. I've often asked him what he does but so far he's not willing to share.Thanks for your consideration in this matter. Lamar Currie.

Mickey Kennedy has placed or won every big hunt from Florida to Canada to Texas.He is a gentleman and true good sportsman.He has served our sport well.

John Hoehnor, has probley won more 3 day hunts than most hunters have ever entered!

Jerry Martin 53 3 day wins with 38 3 day champions. Haskell Spires is in almost every pedigree you look at.

I like to nominate stewart Baxley I know he's out of fox hunting but when he was in he was the one to beat he had a bunch of ch. over the years he was one of the best he helped the fox hunting world

haskill spires sure deserve to be there. he has bred hounds for years. leon is another great houndsmen that should be there.

Lonnie Ward

Participating in field trialing
Mastered and judged all big hunts
Lonnie is a good master of hounds that has been at the top of all the big hunts over the years.
Lonnie has run hounds in all the big hunts, the masters, uso, nationals, and all American and placed, Lonnie has had numerous champions over the years he knows what a winner and champion looks like.
Lonnie has served on the board of directors of all American, current president of the nationals, sc state, nc state, pee dee, uso and I am sure plenty more

Breeding program - Lonnie has been breeding hounds for a long time, he bred Wards Quick Lips 5 time field champion, he had a stud hound in Wards Ben who sired numerous champions, had ward's RJ. Lonnie continues to breed hounds and raise quality hounds that can get it done.

Encouraging young hunters, Lonnie has sold and given pups and dogs away to young hunters he mentors numerous hunters in how to score hounds in a field trial taught them how to handle there selves in a judges room.

Lonnie currently runs a fox pen and it is very nice, and runs great, he trains pups and running hounds.....

Lonnie has dedicated his life to fox hunting and done his part and I believe has the qualities needed at the national level to be considered into the hall of fame, Lonnie is in the SC Hall of Fame, but he has done so much more than on a local or state level for the sport.

Lenny Crowe

Leon Canoy
Joe Lewis
Ralph Hazelip

The contributions each one has made for many years are too numerous to try to begin to list! The names speak for themselves.

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

Robbie Bogue his contributions breeding American Foxhounds is off the charts

Leon Canoy
Robbie Bogue
John Hoehner
Ronnie McMillan

Nobody could argue about these men being in the HOF

Kenny Kidd I here bout everyone that has won 1 or 10 hunts. I dont here of the love of oursport and Mr. Kenny have been the MOH and ringmaster several times. He is one of the oldest hunters I no that still go 3 to 4 times a week. Everytime u call and say Mr Kenny u want to go a round he never says no. This is what he will say I got a couple ready so I nomanate u Mr Kenny cause ur one of the oldest toughest hunters I no and a good friend.

There are so many deserving hunters out there that truly deserve this honor. I would like to nominate Stewart Baxley. A good friend, hard hunter and breeder. Stewart at one time that I know had 5 field champions in his kennels. Competition was his middle name and he believed in good sportsmanship. Gunstock Zippy, Gunstock Milkman, Gunstock Superman, Gunstock Billy, Gunstock Billy Bob,and Gunstock Casper were some he had. I think he won over 30-3 day hunts including International Running Hound Classic and the Florida Open and placed hounds in numerous other major hunts like the USO and National. Due to the pen closure in Florida, Stewart does not hunt anymore, but still judges and masters hunts whenever he can for the sport he truly misses and enjoyed so much.

Bruce Cliborne
Walter Cleaton

Think there one out there needs his name call out I agree totally with the ones posted but this man been do it a long time all ways there 2 help and most of time does more than asked Harland stoneciper I nominate u

Mr Kenny Kidd got my vote two always remember them old timers are the ones that make our sport don't know this for sure but u tell me another men been two the Jr national any more than him

Jeremy Bond...Wallace, NC

I would like to nominate Charles Parker and Robbie Bogue. Mr. Charles
has done alot for this sport as well some the best hounds in the business and also is one of the friendliest hunters out there.
And as for Robbie it is almost comical that he's not already in the hall of fame. You can't hardly find a pedigree east or west of the Mississippi that doesn't have pinedale in it, but year after year someone finds some kinda logic to pass him over. No disrespect to who votes on this or to anybody in the Hall of Fame but it is in my humble opinion and the opinion of others a Hall of Fame with out Robbie Bogue is like a hall of fame without Babe Ruth.

BRIAN LAMEY,HAS PRODUCED THE FASTEST TUFFEST JULY'S ALL OVER.IF YOU CAN DO IT W/JULY'S YOU DESERVE THE HALL OF FAME.

SONNY CERNY
CLIF PARKER

Will Holley

Ray Casteen

I'm like John Waugh Haskell Spires has been hunting over 55 years and his name is in most of the top stud dog pedigrees he as won many field trials and had many champions in his kennel also Jerry Martins field trial record speaks for itself he won his first field trial 68 years ago when he was 10 years old and has won 53 3 day hunts and had 38 champions he knows pedigrees better than anyone I know I would like to also nominate Irvin Janney he has won many 3 day hunts and has bad more bench champions than anyone I know of.
That's Haskell Spires , Jerry Martin, Irvin Janney

Robby Bogue

I think Mr Stonecipher was inducted last year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

i nominate haskill spries and ronnie Mcmillian both have outstanding feild trial records and seems to me that ronnie does more than his fair shair to keep our sprot alive and growing

Stoney got inducted in 2012...... I don't disagree with any of you above, they are all deserving names. When I think of hall of fame for a sport I often think of the inductees of other sports that have made an impact on people over the years. To me, two names stand out: Robby Bogue and John Hoehner. Either one of these men are well deserving. Robby has offspring in almost every pedigree on the market. John has won and placed more than anybody in the country probably and runs a hell of a breeding program. If it weren't for these 2 we would have no clue who Clown, Slide, or Slinger were... God Bless

Leon canoy

JOHN HOEHNER GETS MY VOTE!!!

JOHN HAS RAISED AND TRAINED SOME OF THE BEST DOGS IN THE WORLD. HE HAS MADE MANY CHAMPIONS AND MADE MANY DOGS MULTIPLE CHAMPIONS. IF YOU WANT TO FIND A MAN THAT IS DEDICATED TO HIS CRAFT AND WORKS HARD EVERY DAY TO BE THE BEST AND HAVE DOGS AT THE TOP OF THERE GAME LOOK NO FUTHER THAN DONGOLA, IL. I HAVE HAD THE PREVLEDGE TO KNOW JOHN AND HANG OUT WITH HIM AND JUST SEAT AND LEAN ABOUT HOUNDS AND LIFE FROM HIS STORIES. JOHN HAS BEEN LIKE A FATHER TO ME, TEACHING ME HOW TO RAISE HOUNDS THE RIGHT WAY AND WAS NEVER SHORT OF ADVICE TO GIVE, SO THAT YOUR HOUNDS THE BEST CHANCE TO BE SUCESSFUL. JOHN ADVICE HAS LEAD ME TO WIN MANY HUNTS AND FILL MY HOUSE FULL OF TROPHIES. I ADMIRE ALL THAT HE HAS DONE FOR HISSELF AND FOR THE SPORT. JOHN IS A MANS, MAN AND I PROUD TO CALL HIM MY FRIEND.

Lot of great names mentioned here of "Houndsmen". True Houndsmen and very deserving of this ultimate honor.
Only one though has given as much of his personal time to Master, judge, travel, mentor and just plain out give back to foxhunting with no personal gain.
Hands down Lonnie Ward should be in the hall of fame.

I find it hard to believe that Robbie Bogue and Leon Canoy aren't already in the HOF. They have had more influence on hounds the last 20-30 years than anybody. I'd also like to see James "Porky" Landua in there as well.

I think Robbie Bogue, Charles Parker ,and Leon Canoy should without a doubt b at the top of this category

John Hoehner
3 All-Americans
2 Masters CH.
3 different HOY
Countless 3 day CH.
If you looked up the term field trialer it would be a picture of John.
No matter what your opinion of him is he is and has been a force in competitive fox hunting since the yearly 80's.

I would nominate Mr Joe Lewis, not only has he been a noted breeder and field trial participant for years, but an ambassador for the sport. He has done a lot in support of a lot of young people who were trying to get into this sport as well as helping out others who needed it. He has always been a mentor to the younger hunters and has always got time to help out others in this sport. Some things are not measured by how many titles a dog has won or how many champions a person can own. He has had his share, but more importantly, he is a Hall of Fame person in my book. Wayne Lucy

Ray Casteen

Brad..... Kinda funny you said that.

Take a look at the pic at the top of the message board...LOL.

Old man Eddie Atkins

Jeff Brinchek has got to be considered he has won the USO twice and placed a lot of hounds over the years but more important the time he has given to the sport! He has been President or Secretary/Treasurer of National-USO-N.C.State-Pee Dee and i probably missed some. He has Mastered and Judged more hunts than i can remember.He has supported not only the National hunts but Master hunts also the July National he also Mastered and judged the Deer trials that we have in Eastern N.C.I dont know any-person that has earned to be into the Hall of Fame anymore than Jeff!!

The Brunswick county fast dog club would like to nominate Richard Thomas Wilson aka little ritchie Wilson

I could go on about this for hours but i would also nominate Jerry Martin, 68 years of hunting and still going. I havent seen anyone mentioned on here that doesnt deserve it but Jerry gets my vote.

1. John Hoehner
2. Leon Canoy
3. Haskell Spires

Anyone who has been around hounds knows the legends of these men and the influence on hounds they have had.

In my opinion , these 3 day class hunters/breeders should already be in the hall of fame: Mr. Leon Canoy, Mr. Robbie Bogue, Mr. Ronnie Mcmillan, an last but certainly not least Mr. O.B. Russel......................I also think these hunters/breeders should be there even though they don't 3 day..I think they are some of the top breeders/hunters in the nation: Mr. Oneil Hemphill, Mr. Fred Hale, Mr. Pop Crosby....

I didn't mean to leave out Mr. Haskill Spires.. He has definitely earned his spot in the hall of fame...

1st off a lot of hunters listed by hunters I believe meet the criteria of being in the "big hall of fame" one thing I believe is missed from time to time in the hall of fame is some times hunters are mentioned as candidates but are more associated with regional or state hunts....most state hunts example the SC State has its own hall of fame which is for SC hunters, and what they have done for the sport in SC, the Big Hall of Fame should encompass hunters that have traveled all over the USA and Canada - participating through Judging, mastering, through running and supporting field trials and serving on the board of the big hunts and participated over and over, not talking about running in the all American when it is in there back yard, or the masters when it comes to there state, talking about hunters who dedicated there time travel the country and participate for years and years field trialing, the breeding program should be one that can compete not at a county and state level but be competitive all over the united states and Canada.....

Now a lot of hunters listed in the post here meet this and some exceed, but some i tend to associate with more regional or state hunts.....remember there are all kinds of hall of fame state county and this one which is the big one the one that has Moss Hill in it, Hubert Clemons and many many legends of the sport.

I have enjoyed reading the post with nominations keep them coming!!!

Be good

Lenny

exactly put. people need think. there is nt much cream at the top.most are like myself.

Mr Lenny I agree one hundred percent with u.
That's why I think Robbie Bogue and Leon Canoy should be
In the hall of fame.Just look at the past 25 years,
And check the hound of the year and count of sires.
I think it would be interesting to see how many hounds went
back to mr Robbies and mr Leons breeding.

like Crowe said ,you gotta travel to the other territories.not a region.its not a popularity contest.

North Roads Knls - I think both Robbie and Leon have good breading programs, I have seen them at hunts in MS when I traveled that way, not sure I seen them particpipete in trials like say David Hellums, I saw David at all the all americans when he was healthy enough to travel weather it was SC or MS David was there and served as a director, as you know we inducted David few years back, I think David won count sires 17 out of 20 yrs...

Everyone has opinions, that is what makes this forum a great place to discuss things like this.

Be good

Lenny

Ok WAY TO GO !!

It is no doubt that there are a lot of good houndsmen mentioned here and everyone is well deserved of being there, but in my opinion John Hoehner should be in the running. He has won more field trials than most people have ever been in hunts. Not only local trials but he travels to most of the big hunts and he is a threat to win where ever he goes. He has won at all levels and has multiple field champions in his kennels at all times. Who has 5,10, or 19 time field champions in there kennels. He probably doesn't know how many hunts he won or how many times he has placed in 3 day hunts and in about every state they hold trials at. He always tries to give good advice on hounds if you ask him. He works just as hard or harder than anyone who trails and I think he is well deserving of being in the hall of fame. Just my opinion.

Leon Canoy has my vote.

1 2