​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Hall of Fame Living

I would have to say Mr. Frank Dollins if you have ever talked to this man you know that he has a love for our sport and he runs goodman hounds and has won the Goodman national a few times!
I would vote for Leon Canoy and Kenny Kidd as well!

Mr. Lenny I enjoyed your post and agree with 99% you said. I have one exception and that was the comment about Robbie. Robbie has won or placed in Texas , Alabama , Arkansas , Louisiana , Georgia , Mississippi , Illinois and Florida. I talked with him this morning and he told me that he made over 50 Champions not to mention the 4 or 5 he bought. Robbie was a school teacher and a basketball coach so he didn't get to travel as much as he wanted but he sent dogs to the All American and USO many times. His breeding program for over thirty years is second to none. He has trained or produced some of the greatest hounds in the world. He's had people fom Canada to Colorado to come and breed to his dogs. He also had his share of health problems and other personal problems that has limited his traveling in the past 15 years. But I'm proud to say that he is doing well today , he been sober for almost 2 years and has started attending church every Sunday morning for about a month. You will never hear say much about the Hall of Fame but I know it would mean the world to him. The fact of the whole matter is pinedale clown b might have made Robbie Bogue but with out Robbie their would of been no clown no Colby, ringo b, Benji, packman, superman, slide, slinger, or bunch of other hounds that have made fox hunting and fox hunters what they are today. God bless and happy hunting.

Keith - I didn't say Robbie didn't participate, I just don't remember seeing him at a bunch of the all Americans, top guns, masters especially the ones on the east coast, as I used David as an example he was at every one All Americans and served for years on the board, he probably has gotten the lifetime achievement award for the all American but not sure, I went to 9 straight masters and not sure I saw him at the ones I went to, I feel certain he ran dogs at some of the 1st masters before it started rotating around the country, look I personally do not know Robbie but he has to be a great hounds man with a good eye for a fox dog, I have heard about him, heard about Clown a lot, I hope he one day get's into the hall of fame, he has a lot of support and 50 champions is a lot, I do think I saw him from a distance when I went to my 1st nationals in Grenada and for all I know he is probably on the board of the nationals, USO, All American and been president if he has been I didn't know, but if you read up were I said hope he gets in one day!!!

I was pointing out my thoughts on characteristics for being in the BIG hall fame yesterday and I left one important one out, Sportsmanship (these are my opinions and mine only)

1. participate in sport of field trial at national level though judging, running and as a directorship.

2. breeding program - successful all over the country, in and out the wire

3. dedicate life to sport of improving our beloved sport of field trialing, be an ambassador of the sport, encourage and coach young hunters.

4. I left this off on my 1st post which is very important - Sportsmanship
Hunter that always shakes the winners hand, win loose or draw shows good attitude, not involved in any wrong doing - when there hounds don't win or get scratched stay positive as some scratches are judges opinions, young hunters look up to the hunters who are hall of famers and they need to set stellar examples all the time.

Like I said in another post some mentioned in some post exceed qualifications, great post keep them coming , this is shaping up to be a stout class inducted into the Masters Hall of Fame and have there names right besides Hubert Clemons, Moss Hill Woods Walker Bill Kennedy, Percy Flowers and a slew of other famous hunters that dedicated there life to the sport of fox hunting and the betterment of our sport and the improvement of the fox hound breed.

1 2