All Age 165 Entered
1. SGa NFl (f)Ch Sand Spur Digger ( Cullick's Rock X Down and Dirty Tator) Smack Down Kennels Jesup GA
2. Moodys Ho ( PC's Intimidator X Wolf Creek Ho) South GA Po Boys Baxley, GA
3. New River Julie ( McGovern's T-Bone X Testone's J Lo) Wesley Moody Lake Butler, Fl
4. SGa (d) Ch Summey's Bella C ( D&S Mighty Man X Summey's Shelby C) Hopewell Springs Kennels Madisonville, Tn
5. Ky Open Ch Ambler Ridge Reba (Ambler Ridge Lookin Back X Ambler Ridge Dolly II) David Rentz Lakeland, GA
6. Cypress Swamp Little Gal (Southeast Maverick X Southeast Houlka II) Payday Kennels The 'ville SC
7. Laurie's Jackie (Firehouse Marvelous X Norris' Jackie) Ronnie Norris Wilmington, NC
8. Bond's Scooter ( Lakehill's Chili X Lawrence's Lou) Triple B Kennnel Wallace NC
9. Cone's Lil Red ( O'Bryan's Muzzy X Willow Oak Clipper II) Amped up Kennels
10. PD(f) Ch Todd's Smut ( Ch Top Gun Shadow X Ch Todd's Bobbie) UCLA Kennels Aynor,SC
Combination Summey's Bella C
Dual Summey's Bella C
Derby 149 entered
1. Roe's Bull ( Dry Branch Turbo X Courson's Cork) Roe and Son's Kennels
2. Real Deal's Ringo ( Black River Red Head X Black River Termite) Real Deal Kennels Kildare,GA
3. Mincey's Cowboy (D&S Mighty Man X NG) There They Are Again Kennels
4. Real Deal's Kelly ( Lakehill's Cowboy X Blaylock's Kelly)Real Deal Kennels's Kildare , GA
5. Bond's Fern ( Lakehill's Jaybird X McKee's Buffy) Triple B Kennels, Wallace , NC
6. Freeman's Maggie (A&P's Thunder X Altman's Bella) High Voltage Kennels Ludowici, GA
7. Laurie's Ice ( Firehouse's Marvelous X Ch Norris' Hurricane) Ronnie Norris Wilmington, NC
8. Hi Ridge Becky ( Ridout's Bubba X K & P's Honey) Hi Ridge Kennels Glen St Mary's Fl
9. Dry Branch JoAnn ( Dry Branch 8 Ball X Dry Branch Crazy Daisey) Dry Branch Kennels Dry Branch, GA
10. Clark's Heidi ( Stretch Hide Hank X Clark's Porcha) Ray Clark and Tilman Johnson Dacula, GA
Combination Mincey's Cowboy
6th place derby hound(Freemans Maggie)s Dam is Altmans Bella Donna//Congrats to Mr Freeman and UCLA Kennels and everybody else that placed !!
The 1st place All Age is Sand Spur Lil Digger. Congratulations to everyone that placed. It was a good hunt and lots of running!
Dam on 4th place derby should be Blalocks Kelly.
To the pros who can figure out the master's scoring options , which set of rules were used in this hunt?I ask because one of the s.c guys placed 4th s&d but did not hga.it is my understanding that the dog was 2nd after day 1,7th after day 2, and 4th after day 3.I know that you are rewarded for endurance more later in the hunt but it seems odd that a dog placed 4th s&d but did not get in endurance.Once again I was not there but this is what I understand to be true.Not saying it was wrong or anything like that but hard to understand a system that a dog is in the top ten all 3 days yet doesn't place in endurence or hga.thanks in advance
I'd say, because it was an HGA hunt, the scoring must have been tight in both s&d and endurance and he was close , but missed getting in the endurance category because he scored most of his points the first day when they don't count as much towards endurance.
Being an HGA hunt, he only got the s&d category points. Other dogs placing below him in s&d AND endurance would add up to more HGA points than just getting in s&d.
I think he was the 4th high dog the last day Also. His endurance should have been in the top 10 I would think.
14th the last day.
Finished 11th in Endurance.
I should have the whole hunt on my computer tonite I looked at hga sheets and printed hga earlier but due to dogs scores close and endurance 10, 20 and 30% it looked right but I will check again. the 601 scored 60 the second day and was 14th the last day probably is the answer.
No doubt the score sheets are right and the outcome was spot on with the system that was being used.I just think a scoring system that does not reward a hound for being in the top ten all 3 days but not finishing in the top ten is not a great scoring system and needs to be changed or hunts need to look at some of the other scoring systems that are accepted.Just one person's opinion and not a reflection on the hunt or pen just the scoring system used.
The answer may be that all the hga dogs placed in hunting also. Not sure but just looked at the masters rules and 10th place hunting starts at 55 hga points. Being that all categories isnt on here I dont know but its an educated guess.
sure is a lot of hga points for hunting i thought masters was about speed&drive
national rules are geared more for the speed dog now under hga the gtp masters hunts are more about speed than the hga still dont know how you can get 22 or 38 pts in a hunt when its figured in multiplies of 5 seen this in the total ptsf a gtp hunt can someone explain
Its all part of field trialing might as well deal with it if u do it enough ur not going to win or place in em all that's part of it.
3rd place AA dam should read...Teston's Jaylo
A lot of people don't understand the rules is the problem. Masters Hga awards the hunting dog, speed and drive, and endurance dog more than the National rules. Not bad mouthing them at all but after there change it made the Masters rules more about foxhunting than before. The National now does recognize the SD dog more to the fact that endurance is mostly a mirror of sd other than a few hunting scores, it also gives more reconigtion to the Trailing dog. Not an opinion just a fact about the rules.
It's a 3 DAY.
The Masters rewards the stronger dog with the endurance weighted towards the 2nd and 3rd day.
You have to be up in S&D, but you better be able to score that 3rd day.
It's the true test of endurance - not just a straight percentage of your 3 days total.
You can't take any days off.
The hunts been over almost 2 weeks. If ya ain't got it by now then go buy a big sack of "get over it" and move on!
Kyles Remington won classiest hound and Freeman's fancy won best mouth