​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Open Hunt February 13, 2016

Hunting Heritage will be hosting a 5 hour hunt in Darlington, Louisiana on February 13, 2016. Hunt will be ran under CRHA rules. Entry fee is $75.00 per dog. Numbers will be given out starting January 4, 2016. Breakfast and lunch will be provided by Hunting Heritage. The prizes provided may change according to value before the hunt, but prizes will be given out 1st thru 10th, regardless of entries.
1st $500
2nd .17HMR
3rd .22 rifle
4th .22 rifle
A complete list will be provided before hunt, as we will update weekly.
Any judges that may wish to judge, please set this date aside, expenses for judges will be paid by Hunting Heritage.

Hunting Heritage is a 501 (c) 3 non profit and all donations are 100% tax deductible. Our mission is to introduce and expand our youth to hunting and the great outdoors.

A contact number for judges and a contact number for numbers will be posted. Please consider joining us on February 13 for some good eating and fellowship, we will have a silent auction and a few raffles, but this will be treated just as it is, a $75 a dog field trial, hunters and their dogs will come first, our trying to raise money will come second. Thank you

Re: Open Hunt February 13, 2016

Is this a two class hunt???

No, one class any age.

This is also the first grade one hunt so it will count for more HOY pts as well over 200 hoy pts if win it

That's awesome!! Why can't the Crha give us a break down on how the points are figured?

It's on the web site under rules

We have a shotgun added to winners prizes, that makes it $500 for 1st place, a gun for 2nd thru 5th and a minimum of your entry fee back for 6 thru 10th. Not sure on make and model of shotgun yet, when I have it in my hand, I'll update y'all. Jeff Almond will be Master of Hounds, anyone interested in helping judge, please let Jeff know. Judges travel expenses will be paid and we will try and accommodate with housing if needed, any way we can. Marcey has arranged a "care" package for all our judges, with a few treats inside, just to show our appreciation. Thanks to everyone for helping. Anyone needing numbers please call 225-305-0358, if no answer, please leave a message, thanks.

We have plaques for 1st thru 10th, donated from Mr. Robert Oneal at Oneal's welding, they are approximately 11" X 15" and these are not your average plaques! BIS and BOS will also receive one of these nice plaques. 5 guns, Model 870 camo 12 gauge, .17 HMR bolt action w/3x9 scope, .22 mag bolt action, 20 gauge pump syn. stock, Thompson Center Omega stainless steel, with fluted barrel. I contacted Chad Wall and he will be donating a dog box. We have several really nice knives, and hopefully we can get a few more nice prizes before the hunt. All items listed above will be awarded to top ten winning hounds, not auctioned, I'll keep you posted on any new prizes.

This hunt is a grade 1 hunt will count for more pts than normal and the dual gets 90 pts added and 50 pts for out of state hunters added for HOY so make plans to attend the bench show Friday night and help this cause thanks

BBT

126 numbers out.