​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Deer Dog Hunting on KNF

Has there been any official ruling for deer dog hunting on the Kisatchie National Forest this year for Louisiana?

Re: Deer Dog Hunting on KNF

the judge has not made any decision. should be hearing within a few weeks.

Let us know when the hearing is, I am thinking about attending and have had several guys ask about a date for it so they can go. Thanks!

there will be no hearing. the judge will make his decision base on summary judgement file by our attorney on our behalf and the u.s. attorney for the forest service. our attorney gave 21 reasons for us and the forest service mainly argue safetry. there could possibly be an appeal if one side choose to do so. we waiting on a decision.

What is the Dog Association that is leading this effort I would like to join and Support!!

it is the la. sportsman alliance known as lsa. you can send your 20 dollar membership fee to me. make check to lsa. my address is 722 Osiris st., Alexandria, la 71303. we have been a battle for over 5 yrs. to keep our hunting rights on the nat. forest. regardless to what some think, they are after all hunters. radar, send you complete address to me. thanks for your support.

hunters, spoke to our attorney this week. judge has review the case but has not made a written decision as of Friday. I did remind him we are working on a short date to get this done.

btt

Thanks for the update Leroy

Thanks for all that you are doing for all of us dog hunters! I want to join the Dog Hunters Association. What does the member ship do for us?

glen, right now it goes to paying the attorney for his services. we have pay out over 25000 in fees. we still own him over 3000 dollars for all the fileing for this summary judgement. it take every dollar to fight for our hunting rights.

Benji, I didn't know you had anything that would run a deer.... Ole Buddy

I have a few that will run a deer. How you been Stephen?

Been good. Hope you have too. I'm still on Atlanta Hunting Club, where you at now?

Good tp hear Stephen, I am in Choctaw Hunting Club.

benji, I just found out that it looks as if we lost the case for dog hunting on knf. will meet with attorney to discuss options on Monday. sad news for dog hunters and hunting of any kind.

The man that made the decision don't know how many kids he hurt and family. Thought he was for the kids and family.

You are correct Leroy, SAD NEWS.

Deer dogs hav never been allowed in my state. I would like to know if foxhunting is ok on KNF.

You should have moved out of that state! You don't know what you missed out on. Sad day for deer dog hunters!

na. you guys can hav all these deer if you want em..I fox hunt.deer nt my thing.just wanted knw if foxhunting being ended there .

It will be the end of any kind of dog hunting I'm sure, and eventually they will take any kind of hunting period!

I do not think they will allow any type hunting with dogs. all hog hunting is out along with deer for sure.

This is really sad news for all of us ole dog hunters that have hunted on the KNF our whole life and have taught our kids how to do the same. What a shame to loose our hunting heritage in a court room. Just not right men!!

NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

leroy husser
I do not think they will allow any type hunting with dogs. all hog hunting is out along with deer for sure.

This only pertains to deer dogs. All other dogs are allowed on KNF. According to the people I've talked to, they have no plans on stopping any other type of hunting. They just gave still hunters an extra 7 days at the last LDWF Commission meeting. If you want to hog hunt with dogs, you just get permission from the District Ranger.

according to hog hunters, you just cannot go hog hunting on knf. you can hunt if you can get a permit, but they have not provided any permit. I understood one permit was given out. this was a few month back. do not be fool about hunting on knf, they plan to get everyone in the future. they will get us one at a time. I will meet with our attorney on Tuesday to discuss our options. it appear to me the judge did not go on facts, just went along with the appeal process. it could have been some outside pressure to rule for them.

This is the text from the Louisiana Hunting Regulations Book concerning deer or hog dog use on the KNF. This information is found on page 84.
Hunting Dogs Usage:
• Hunting Dog Usage During Deer Firearm Seasons (only for KNF areas outside
National Catahoula and National Red Dirt Wildlife Management Preserves):
Hunting dogs that are legal for hunting species other than deer, and that stay within
voice-command distance of handler are allowed during deer gun hunts. Hunting
dogs that range beyond voice-command distance of handler are prohibited during
deer gun hunts. The training of deer or hog dogs is prohibited year-round.
• Hunting with recognized bird-hunting dogs during quail and woodcock seasons,
recognized raccoon-hunting dogs during raccoon hunting season and recognized
pointer/retriever dogs during migratory bird season is permissible. Only beagles
which do not exceed 15 inches at the front shoulder may be used for rabbit hunting.
All dogs must be collared with owner’s name and phone number attached.
Dogs running at large are prohibited. The owner/handler shall be liable.

This is the beginning of the end for all dog hunters once they get this finalized they will start on the others, Mr Leroy is right they gonna get the rest just a matter of time, they will most likely stop any kind of hunting with r without dogs people better just get ready because its coming!!

Leroy welcome to La. politics ! Mary Landrieu will need all the votes she can get after Obama care. Mr.Hilton will back hunters! Lance Harris needs local supporters

Keep trying don't let them get you down yet. You might try working this from a minority point of view it has worked for others in the past

guys, met with attorney this morning along with some other hunters. we can appeal the decision so we need to know what all of you want to do. it will take around 10,000 to fight it with no guarantee of winning. if we fight it, we will need 100 dollars up front from the hunters. let me know your opinion. we know for sure we are out now.

If we appeal, can we file an injunction and get this season?

no, I do not think so. it take 6 mo. on the appeal.

The wildlife and fisheries took our deer dogs on private land way back so we started horse and foot drives so now they passed a law that we can't drive deer either on our own property so just wait to see what's next

MR Leroy what attorney name, want to asked him if we raise this money can we have a day in court. I sure that the fox pin owner will help to raise money we have some good o boy field trial. I make sure if any game need to be replaced. That it will be on me. Tell MR west ; MR Hagen; and the owner of the pitkin pin. We need some open date.

They need to take the corn and rice brand out of the woods in Louisiana. And the four wheeler off KNF.

there is no day in court on an appeal. you submit your paperwork to the fifth circirt court for a review of the case. we are also looking at a lobbist and what one can do for us in Washington. we can beat this but it will take money and effort by the hunters.

Don't dog hunters pay taxes also how can they give to some and take away from others just because the ones in control don't do what we do so what if dog hunters were in control of these positions you think they would like if we passed rules to suit ourselves we half to stick together and get the right people in the right places

If the majority wants to appeal ok let's do it. I really don't think we have chance. Can someone reassure us that we even a chance?

We don't have a chance at all if we roll over and quit now. I say let's fight it till the end..I don't know about everybody else but Im willing to do whatever it takes to raise the money

I say we fight and keep fighting til the end. If we need to raise money, Mr Leroy I have an idea that will help raise money. email me and I will talk to you about it.

I'M all for fighting it .. I have a feeling that if we don't fight it the Timber Companies will start to follow suit and stop dog hunting on their land then it won't be anywhere left to hunt. We are gonna have a meeting on our hunting club this weekend and try to pick up some donations.

is there a chance to lease land with all the lawyer money?that is a lot money.

Where do I need to send my $100.00 to? I am ready to fight!

SHOW UP THE OPENING DAY WITH EVERY DOGBOX LOADED.
RIDE THOSE ROADS ALL DAY LONG.
ITS STILL THE PEOPLES LAND RIGHT.

AND WHEN YOU'RE NOT RIDING THAT LAND - YOU NEED TO BE LOADED UP AND SITTING IN FRONT YARD OF THE ONE MAN (JUDGE) WHO DECIDED YOU DIDNT COUNT.

Who is Tom Vilsack? Is he one of the property owners in Kisatchie?

make sure they know yall are deer hunters and not us. we dont need more stress
some us are tired seein deer post on masterfox.but do wat you got do.

Some people run both, and if you think they are going to stop with just deer dogs you are mistaken. They will be coming after all dogs before it is all said and done.

Chip you can send your money addressed to LSA at 7407 Hwy 123 Dry Prong, La. 71423. That is to one of the LSA board members.

yal are just get n a taste of wat deer hunting did to foxhunting.Foxhunting been over 25 years.I am old. I seen a lot change.Known a hundred or more foxhunters never shot at any deer.I knew woods were deer free and was happy.Now the world is upside down and inside out over deer. But glad you enjoy it.But it aint foxhunting.And not try n make you hot.

1 2