Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
2014 USO - Low Country Fox Run

69th Annual United States Open Field Trial
January 19 – 24, 2014 (Running Days: January 21st – 24th)
Low Country Fox Run
Manning, SC

No numbers will be given out prior to 8AM, January 19th

Registration & Drawing of numbers at the Low Country Fox Run
(4000 South Brewington Road ) - Manning, SC
Sunday, January 19th (8AM – 4PM) and
Monday, January 20th (8AM – 12 Noon)

Banquet & Membership Meeting at the Low Country Fox Run:
Monday, January 20th at 4:00 PM

Free Meal provided by Low Country Fox Run and Richard Evans:
Tuesday, January 21st at 5:00 PM

Master of Hounds: Victor Royal – Fitzgerald, Ga.
Assistant Masters: Pete Warren – Grifton, NC & David Wride – Rochester, NY

Entry Fee $70.00 Per Hound

Membership Fee $25.00

No Limit on Hounds per membership

No Free Entries

Primary Motel: Ramada Inn – 2816 Paxville Hwy - Manning, SC 29102
For reservations call 1-803-473-5135 (Ask for USO Fox Hunters Rates)

Secondary Motels:
Days Inn – 2825 Paxville Hwy – Manning, SC – 1-803-473-4021
Hampton Inn – 2822 Paxville Hwy – Manning, SC – 1-803-505-4800
“Ask for special rates for the fox hunters”

Camper hook-ups and Campers available at Low Country Fox Run
For Availability and Reservations call Richard Evans at 803-473-0088 (cell)

For any questions concerning Low Country Fox Run please call Richard Evans at 803-473-0088 (cell)

Sam Hucks, President
1271 Dog Bluff Road
Galivants Ferry, SC 29544
843-385-1976 (cell)

Jeff Brinchek
USO Secretary
email: boogieboo@embarqmail.com

Re: 2014 USO - Low Country Fox Run

btt

Looking good. Cant wait till time!

ANYONE BRINGIN ANY PUPS TO SALE

btt

Update From Galivants Ferry crowd

we met and ran Thursday morning at CM fox pen

Sam Hucks, Archie Hucks, Dan Pavy, and Dan Brought Charlie Nobles dogs, Kyle Todd was supposed to come and was a no show (SCARED..LOL) and me. Lonnie turned out about 4 rental dogs also.

Lonnie cooked biog breakfast eggs, pancakes, fried ham, dam it was good, then sam put a boston butt in oven for later.....

We ran hard for most of the morning, had good fellowship, we decided to catch at around 1oclock, got all but 3, 2 of mine and 1 of Dan and Archis they trying out, we went and ate Boston butt and potatos (Sam can cook it was awesome) went back out it was after 3oclock then and I blew horn and got my 2 and headed home.

We agreed to do it again soon, so I am going to go make a pass with them quick catch dogs next week with Jeramey and then going to get us a day for the following week.....

Crowd excited about USO, Lonnie going to run couple, and I plan on runnign 4, Archie 6, Charlie Nobles probably 4 or 5 and Sam the President he probably run 6....cant wait going to be good tough hunt 4 days done got me piling up excuses...lol

see yall soon....and watch out at USO (Galivants Ferry going to get name called out on trophy day....LOL)

Lenny

Crowe.... that's a lot of" crowing"!!! LOL!

May be coming with a couple of these ol Virginia" fox hounds"!

Should be a great hunt!

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

PS: You think Hilton is brave enough to show??

Ran at Manning today wall to wall game everywhere.It will be 4days of come on an lets go.the hound that wins will be a good one better have em HARD.

you bet, it's gona be like the daytona 500 of 2014.Great way to start the year !good luck to all .

what is a good training plan ,as far as running, here on out till time to rest hounds for hunt?

Allen - Barry said he coming, said his dogs run daily, said they tough and fast....glad you coming I really looking forward to the hunt, heard the pen is flat out thumping with 4 days of hard core running going to be tough should pick good champion.

Be good and see you Soon.....

Lenny

if you run daily, how many hours a day? and how many rest days before hunt?if this is secret game plan stuf sorry for asking. I am going and never been to USO.And know it will be a good hound takes it.Not mine. but be nice to finnish.

Question -

1st - use your real name, 2nd no secrets here, I would not run every day, I would run dogs one time week 7 or 8 hours, or twice a week 5 hrs one day 4 hrs another, you just have to use best judgement, some dogs you have hold up they get hurt or stiff and some you can pour the coals to....also depends if you running out side or in small pen full coyotes, the pen running normally is more constant exercise and not as many breaks.

probably didn't answer your question but it is open ended question not correct answer as all hunters do it differently.....

Lenny

i will run mine as much as they can stand till bout 10 days before hunt.watch thier front joints and dont over run em. but they dont need be up in dog pen long.the 8 or 10 days rest will hav em ready go . and i dont care who you are.good luck buddy.this will be a nice hunt for you.lots of fun.

Run them 2 times a week for 5 hrs.in the pen .on like a monday and Saturday. Run them on deer in the middle of the week for one day.and they will be tough.

I plan be there with you. Any guess on entry this year?Hope its high.

btt

Had another good run today getting dogs Ready for uso, ran at Michel white pen, ran with quick catch chloe and jake super nice hounds and the pen ran fast. Headed to CM monday run with Lonnie Ward.
Be good
Lenny

btt

Better have them hard.wall to wall running. Just as hard as dogs want to go.going to take a tough one to win and finish

With the good crew of judges and shape the pen will be in this is going be a real hunt.Fast ,tough hounds will place for a fact. Let's all enjoy ourselves.

This will be my 3rd uso, ran one on the outside in NC and went to Poole's last time it was in the pen, there wasn't wall to wall running the last time it was in poole's that will be biggest difference this year, Richard got lots game and putting more in it, the running at the SC state this year was very good, I am excited about going, some said it right.....4 days of solid running will be tough on hounds that give it there all, it will be a premium on catching dogs quick so they can rest up or dogs that can pace there selves and get stronger when others back up.
I ran Mondays at CM and plan on running Thursday, going to ring president Sam Huck's and see if I can run in his pen if he booked Thursday going to buzz Edward Todd and see if he can fit me in. Going to try and run them twice a week for next several weeks leading up till the hunt.

Be good - look forward to hanging out with crowd and cooking and playing calcutta...lol

Lenny

getting fired up, had a solid Christmas got 2 pair old navy jeans, shirt, cologne, new pair of light weight everyday sketcher shoes....awesome presents.....

deep fried 2 chickens, ate honey baked spiral ham, ribs and rice, mac and cheese home made, rolls, then had chocolate cake, and a brownie/cookie dish i made....so I am bout to bust gained 5 lbs....

I just went out and fed dogs 2 cups each, Lonnie said I got Clay the fattest he ever seen, I didn't think he was that fat, so I been cutting the showtime 27 20 back to 2 cups the day before they run and the day after I catch them...

I am going to run at Edward Todd's pen, it is wide open fast coyote pen, bout 100 acres......I'm casting about 9am ish....

I will start them on super fuel next week, I am going to continue to run twice week until about 7 or 8 days before the USO or at least till they back up on me.....

I am also going to pick up my 4 pups from Lonnie this week, all w/l they are nice, Lonnie bred the clay dog I bought from him and before i got him Lonnie bred 2 gyps to him so I am excited about gettn some pups.

I told Quick Catch Jeremy Sullivan I am hook line and sinker, my kids have out grown ball, wrestling and both are about driving now so I am going back to dogging.....1st go round had good run and now cant wait to tear it up in 2014.....USO, Masters, SC State and East Coast Masters are for sure on the docket....

This go around I am going to try and do one thing different .... trial 4 dogs at a time, cull or part with one when I add one to the pack I made promise to not load up and have 35 dogs again......once I took 14 to a hunt knowing good and well there was only 3 or 4 decent dogs worth keeping out of the 14... going to try and keep 4 worth trialing and keep 4 pups and one or 2 brood gyps tops....that 12 let's see how long I stay try to this promise....

Crow glad to see you back at it. Good luck at the USO. Crow, don't miss the Breeders Cup. Going to be a good one, and New Orleans isn't far from that Pen

Will USO hunt be counted on Leaderboard in 2014?

Tim

it will count

Ducoto - I cant wait to hook up with you...will see you at the masters count on it, as for breeders cup, I got 2 eligible but not sure they good enough to travel that far....i am gettn pups tomorrow that will be ready for breeders cup next year.....have to see what the 2 do at the USO and Masters.

Had a real good run today, my Facebook dog (got ear sliced pretty good) by a wolf.....

Steve - tell skinny send me good gyp (fast and tough, and easy handling)

Be good.....

Lenny

What is the oldest hound coming to USO & the youngest

Wondering - I am not sure about youngest and oldest this year, but Someone help me out here (Jeff, Barry, John) John Fields won a USO with a dog under a year old I believe, and someone told me the dog Ronnie got little D is over 6 and I know Remington should be at least 4 and they both tearing it up at the Eastern Carolina.....
the youngest I placed a dog in 3 day was 10months old, he was dog out of black john ex Grainger's Rita and he was full of bottom.....

be good

Lenny

WELL BOYS I JUDGED THE EASTERN AN I CAN TELL U THERE IS NO SHORTAGE OF GAME.ITS EVERYWHERE WHAT EVER U WANT GRAYS REDS YOTS.IT WILL BE 4 DAYS OF RUNIN.BETTER HAVE THEM AS TIGHT AS U CAN GET EM.THINK I AM GOING TO RUN MINE ON THE OUTSIDE 3 TIMES A WEEK TIL THEN.GOOD LUCK TO U LENNY AN EVERTONE ELSE IT WILL BE A BATTLE.

gues everybody thats come n has made thier mind up by now to be there. we all knw the time and costs involved. lets all enjoy it. and good luck .

I think they going to have good entry - should get 250 dogs pen running good, plenty of kennels - hope the weather doesnt turn extreme cold.

Going to CM run again tomorrow, ran Monday and decided to give them 5 days off been burning them up over the Holidays....going to try and give them 3 more runs and put up and rest.......

see u there, Lenny

Cannot wait for this hunt.i myself dont have alot to come with but coming anyway.been running with some dogs in nc that is going to be hard to deal with for 4 days

Lenny , when is this hunt ,I'm going try and make it ? Curt

WOW. You boys are smoking hot. I'm probably only going to bring 1 dog, never been shut up a day in his life. Gonna tie him 10 days before. One catch, he has never rode in a pickup truck, never ran with strange dogs, do you think he will cast?

Curt they cast Tuesday January 21......

Barry I thought u were banned from masterfox...lmao

You better walk your dog and cast by leash so he doesn't get freak out at cast.

U better call chubby and buy a Julie to take....

Be good

Lenny

What day is the bench show?

Bench show is the least of your worries Brian!!!!!

Brad R. Changed his mine about running this hunt after today..

CHUBBS NOT THE WORD I GOT HE SAID U MIGHT GET HEATER CASTRATED AFTER THE BEATIN HE PUT ON U.

They dont have a bench show.

Oh I got no worries with the one I'm bringing Mr. Cheetah. He will be there day 4.This ain't no little derby hunt.Better break ol' Heater out of retirement. Learn something new every day. No bench show.

Travis,
As you well know we have purchased some No Pity stock. We went right to the head honcho of the operation, by-passing you completely. Now with the understanding that Brad has lowered his goals in life and is content with outrunning you, we are after a bigger fish in the sea. He is a well liked young man and a personal friend of mine but enough is enough. Winning the USO would be cool and all but it will be more of a pleasure to outrun Kyle. Since you cant get it done I'm gonna have to show up and handle him myself.

Brian, winning the USO would be GREAT and outrunning Kyle would be just as equally wonderful, but you will have to go through me to get to Kyle so I hope them "deer heathens" are prepared, I heard you were running deer down!!! And as for the ol'man, he is out of the retirement home and is currently in physical and mental therapy sessions!! I think the Masters is coming to No Pitty's playground and it might be time for some insurance for us..... These derby hunt dogs yall are talking about might not be old enough for that hunt!!!

PS: I asked Dinky to look out for you guys. I did not want yall to quit trying so soon!!!

It's good to see young men have dreams and goals.

Lots of smack talking, I like it, curious if the crowd still be pooping off bout Thursday afternoon.....

Heard Brad ain't coming - said he scared......lots of excuses

was going to run today but decided to wait till it warms up, the frozen dirt will wreck havoc on knuckles and pads....

Talk to Archie he been running dogs about every day getting ready, talk to Charlie Nobles last night he said he ready also, said his are tough.

It is about 13 days till cast, I just hope the weather it somewhat warmer, it will make hunt more enjoyable.

See u soon!!!

Lenny

I hadn't planned on running the USO but after OUT running a variety of people over the last three weeks ( Danial Brother, No Pitty, Out law, Postlock) just to name a few I think I would be foolish not to show!!!!!!!
Chubbs, has even broke out that hound I have already blown up one time to try to compete!!!!! Chubbs, you know you are struggling when you are going to the retirement home for a last resort!!!!
Lenny & Brian good luck y'all are gonna need it!!!

You boys are fixin to learn a lesson. THE USO AINT A LOCAL,ONE DAY, SPEED AND DRIVE PUPPY HUNT . THE USUAL USO WILL START WITH AROUND 300 DOGS. FIRST DAY ABOUT 5 OR 10 GO DOWN, SECOND DAY, ABOUT 15 OR 20 OUT, THIRD DAY, GETS A LITTLE MORE SERIOUS WITH 60 OR SO GO BY BY. THEN THE 4TH DAY, SEVERAL WON'T LEAVE THE CAST, OUT OF THE 200 LEFT, ABOUT 150 GO OUT, ESPECIALLY SOME OF THE HIGH SCORES. THAT'S THE REASON THEY GIVE OUT FINISH RIBBONS. IT WILL BE AN EXPERIENCE. THE USO CHAMPION IS THE ONLY ONE I WOULD BREED TO SIGHT UNSEEN

I own 20+ and I can guarantee I know them all well enough to know they won't run 4 days straight but I got one will get his ribbon and other than that we will just have to see.See you boys on day 4.
Chubbs, you heard right, we don't hunt with guns anymore. Not necessary with real hounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now on another note. I certainly have never been a bench show guy but am really curious about this. Why no bench or dual champion at probably the most prestigious hunt ever?

I kinda like no show, only one championship little different, this be my 3rd USO....I got blue Ribbon 1st time, 2nd time at pooles had lip stuck out whole ride home only like 15 finish, and they just didn't get caught. This going to be running 4 days. ....I say 50 cross finish line. Dam can't wait hang out, bust brads azz and get in picture with all yall. ....
Be good ...... get dogs right. .... bring your best. .....who ever wins this hunt with male got stud dog.....
Lenny

They some one from ga that I would be very worry about so look at tags on trucks and u will see .he's tough

1 2