1 2
Author
Comment
South MS Puppy Shootout

South Ms Puppy Shootout

When: May 3rd
Where: Millard Fox Pen

2 class Hunt-12/29 & 10/29 $50.00 entry 0-49 young 50-99 old

Paying back $30.00 a dog after expenses.
Judges will sign scoresheets and provide time of crossings
Will post halftime scores along with judges signed scoresheets for viewing
along with final 1 1/2 hr signed scoresheets
Will have a Calcutta, Pairs, and High Dog 1,2,&3rd hour pot collected at time of entry prior to cast.
Judges being provided are Chip Quave, Bobby Askins, Heath Smith, Walt Smith, Larry "Bird Saucier, Jackie Ladner, Lennis Gohr, Daniel Seymour, and George Charles

This is one of the fastest pens in the south and its running great..Hunters will see several crossings..Lunch will be provided..

Will scratch any pup that quits before 3 hours

If no answer leave message

For numbers call Dennis @ 228-860-0576

Re: South MS Puppy Shootout

Dennis on the post before there was roughly 70 numbers out who all is coming so far. we liked to know?

heres an up to the moment lineup:

JoJo Wall
Rob Chamberlain
Coyell
Big Creek
Tommie Slade
Triple L
Melvin Ely
Red Hill Kennel
Seth Garrett
Kebo
Bobby Mcswain
Rootebeager
Greg Ellis
Brian Waltman
Brian Grahman
Footie
Andy Husley
Tommie Landrum
Nick Guin
Henry Redman
Furland Ladner
Spanky Messina

For those interested in running prior to the hunt you can contact Jackie Ladner or "Bird" @ 601-795-5083..pen is full of game and running great !!!

That looks like a good showdown !!!

Heard some more LA heat headed y'all's way lookout !

Let em come !! I think it's an open invitation !!

Got 80 numbers out so far and Alabama is now in on the action !!! Gonna grill pork chops and hamburgers for lunch.. bring an appetite and a fast dog

Shootout is right ! That is pretty stacked line up who is gone outrun big creek

Is the ones putting on the hunt running or anybody affiliated?

For all you guys that are wanting to out run Big Creek I have arranged for this Saturday morning to be open for all of you to go run.
Cast at 7:00am. Bring only the pups that are of age for the hunt and younger.
Any questions for directions call or text me. 6017955083.
shoot me a text to let me know any of you are going. If not I will book the pen back out for grown dogs.
Thanks and enjoy.

When is cast time

7:00 A.M.

I know for a fact nobody putting on or affiliated with the hunt is running. These boys just putting on a hunt and with all them folks coming should be a good one

Big creek will be tough to beat they runnin some really nice pups but this one anybody ball game . There will be some heat come from a few under dogs !

A fact is a fact! How u out run them boys? They are by far professional puppy hunters! All u can is run with them and maybe get lucky!

They more then puppy hunters if it's a one day puppy or all age they gonna be hard to beat

Your correct

Its gonna take a dog that can sit down and drive it to win , dont know if big creek got it but there will be a lot of fast pups in there from a lot of different kennels . .

Big creek will play hell with coyell in the young class

Lol What bout ptown? Y'all leaving them out an not giving them credit? Big creek carries the load anyway, but y'all should give Ptown some credit bc their feelings will be hurt. Lol just a thought so they'll quit putting separate breedings up after the hunts

Heat comin from La and goin back to La

To the last Lol guy u must be some kind of stupid. You are whats wrong with this website to many no name post that talk trash

said the guy with a no name post..LOL

btt

anymore people got numbers dennis. from the first list it looks like its going to be the hunt to be at.

got 95 numbers out..florida is now represented..4 states got numbers and some heavy hitters coming..get em ready !!! we also talking about carving out a $100 for best mouth and classiest hound..will give more details later

Who from Florida is comin

will sandy creek kennel please give me a call..thanks

Bird is the pen open again for pups this Saturday morning

Is there room for one more

105 numbers out,, will be giving $50 each for best mouth and classiest hound..gonna pay back the top 5 in each class and have prizes for 6th thru 10th..also adding for fun 2 other awards: "the roadrunner award" will be voted on by the judges and is self explanatory..this pup will win 5 rolls of feet wrap.. then we have the "ugliest" pup award that will win 2 bottles of hair dye..not meant to be offensive,, just want everyone to have a shot at winning something..

IN A FEW MONTHS I PROMISE YOU THAT IF THIS PUP I'M RAISING NOW EVER MAKE IT TO A FIELD TRIAL I WILL BE WINNING SOME HAIR DIE.

Yea but I know you got one thats gonna be gettin envelops to..no sandbaggin buddy

Ttt

How many folks been practicing for this big showdown of the south ? I hear there is so much heat comin from the north east and west the local boys just wanna come watch and see !!

Arkansas is now represented.. hunt is full and starting a waiting list.. we had intended to figure the top hound for the 1st,2nd, & 3rd hour in the young & old,,but with so many hounds expected to show there wont be enough time to figure all the scores especially having 2 classes.. so we decided to have it for the 1st 1 1/2 hr and final 1 1/2 hr for the young & old classes.. I truly want to encourage all hunters that have a number to help or witness the figuring of scores.. If you are not gonna be able to make it please call or post..

The pen will be open this Saturday morning for you guys to run puppies.
Please shoot me a text and let me know if you are coming, I have several wanting to run grown dogs Saturday, if no one is coming to run then I will book it for grown dogs.

There have been several practicing trying to get the edge so you may want to make arrangements to get one good run in before the Big Bang.
747, Big Creek, Rootabager, Johnny Fairly, Bobby McSwain, Austin Ladner, Brent Ladner and several others have been in there once or twice in the last week or so. A couple more have been in there under the radar.
Looking forward to the hunt next Saturday. Don't hesitate to call or text me for any info.

Bird how much is spectators fee gonna have to come watch this one

Free admission. Come on in.

5 diffrint states comin sum heavy hitters shoot out all right what is this the masters of puppy hunts ! Lol hope yal have a good hunt bird !

Who is making the trip from Florida and Arkansas ?

You will have to show up and see

That why big creek is so tuff to beat them boys in there practicing once a week up to the hunt. Yea them boys got good dogs and the time to run them and cull them but so does alot of other folks. Bird u should probly not let no one practice and just book it for grown dogs cuz this aint no local hunt by what dennis is sayin

Our pups been there twice there whole life the first hunt there and Monday of this week only reason I went Monday is cause we put 31 more yotes in our 80 acre pen and had 18 head of pups to run and had to go some where with them don't be scared now every where you go to a hunt now days it's somebody's home pen and they been practicing

If your dog is not leaving room between him and the coyote it wont matter if he has been there or not. The few times I have been to these pup hunts that's the way the winners run breathing the same air as the coyote that's why I don't pup hunt the ones of mine would have to get trailing to help them.

Come on man maybe if you get to running your pups as hard as you hunt excuses maybe you could have better results maybe fox hunting is too stressful for ya might want to try golf or tennis or maybe sewing or cross stitching . Lol

Anybody know how the runnin was this morning and how many pups was in there?

Heard about 30 pups and great running

The running was good but there is not but a few yots in there

REALLY !!!!!!

1 2