none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Seeking Online Friend(s)

Hi Bec:

Thanks for your message, really excited to have found someone I have something in common. I've been on so many anti-depressants thru out the past 10 yrs that I cant honestly remember what the last one was. I've never been on Prozac though I have heard some good things abt its effectiveness. I know what you mean abt the expanding waistline.

Abt a year ago, after my divorce (he decided hed rather drink and party than have wife and family) I had to start new anti-depressant medication and it worked great but I went from 120 pounds (size 8) to 160 pounds (size 16!)

Since I cant afford medical ins, I go to the local county mental hlth clinic for treatment/tx. The psychitrist I see now is really nice and knowledgeable. She put me on something called Cymbalta, its new, which helps w/the pain and the depression. W/out the Cymbalta I would have to take prescription pain medication, Vicodin, Demoral, etc. Right now I can get by w/naproxen sodium and/or Alleve. Every once in a while I might need something stronger but I just grin and bear it since I dont have a dr that will prescribe anything stronger.

Sorry, I so happy abt having someone to talk too Im just going on & on. You sd your son has adhd, does he require medication.

I have a 6yr son and I worry abt him having a learning/behavior disability. Its a long story, I had complications during the pregnancy and his father's DNA isnt that great so I try to keep on top of how he does in school. His father's side of the family is rife w/dyslexia and his father still drinks and uses marijuana on a regular basis.

Could you tell me abt the custody battle you had w/your ex-husb. My custody battle began this past Spring/early Summer and its still going strong. Right now we're in the middle of the evaluation process. I was terrified when I found out I had to take some pyschological tests as part of the evaluation process. I havent gotten the results but I hope and pray it comes out good.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Email me at emmathomas@comcast.net