Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
prescription drugs w/out prescription
Hi all! I just wanted to let everyone know that I found a site where you can have prescription drugs shipped to you without seeing your doctor first (obviously, I'm not promoting buying drugs without getting a doctor's opinion, and this site provides a free online c...
Views: 122   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2002 4:22pm
by smartscrutiny
Re: Stigma.org.uk
Hi John, I see you are also building a site about the Stigma against mental illness. I am doing the same. Is this message to Katwoman or me? If it is to Katwoman, my website address is www.reversingthestigma.org check it out and get back to me. I would love to...
Views: 147   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2002 1:59pm
by AndreaPereira
Stigma.org.uk
Hi Katwoman - I am building a site along with my friend about stigma and would like to help! Maybe we could get together and compare notes. You are welcome to visit the site at: www.stigma.org.uk if you have any constructive or destructive comments I'm sure they wi...
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2002 1:20pm
by John Crook
Re: Paranoia & anger issues
I hear your anger, and I have been very angry as well. It is a serious problem in our society that we are discrimnated against and Stigmatized because of our illnesses, yet the so called "normal" people act in ways that SHOULD be considered ILL. Do you think yo...
Views: 150   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2002 11:44am
by Anonymous
Re: Reversing The Stigma Of Mental Illness
I'd be willing. But I don't want norms to be involved. I really don't think it'll do much, short of a MASSIVE strike on our part. I'm talking NO WORK from ANY mentally ill person. None. The damn norms use us as their clowns and indentured servants, so let's let...
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2002 5:35pm
by Kwizatz Hadderac...
Paranoia & anger issues
Hello everyone, my name is Kwizatz, and I thought I'd introduce myself and say somethings. First off, I am a 29 year old European-American male. I live in Michigan and just recently got hired at Home Depot. Yeah! Anyways, I've been having some problems late...
Views: 160   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2002 5:30pm
by Kwizatz Hadderac...
n
niky
Re: Im confuzed
Please don't put of going to see your doctor as it only extends the misery. It took me months to see my GP, because I wasn't sure if there was something wrong. Once I had been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, I actually felt better as I thought at least it's cu...
Views: 142   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2002 3:41pm
by niky
t
T
Question
I found this message board just by searching and was wondering if someone could direct me to a DID forum? Any help would be appreciated.
Views: 139   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2002 12:43pm
by T
Online Support Group- Share Art and Poetry- Join Us on our Journey
http://www.geocities.com/greenexodus Join us on an exodus- living with mental illness- your art and poetry. ~The Leader
Views: 162   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2002 5:26pm
by greenexodus
Im confuzed
Hello everyone. I really don't know if i have a mental disorder, and im too scared to tell anyone and go to a doctor. I dont have many friends, i feel secluded from the ones tht i do have and i spend my whole day by myself. I feel like noone likes me and the fact...
Views: 140   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2002 11:16pm
by concernedone
a
Andrea
Re: Re: HELP! My husband is leaving me!!!!!
Thanks for your thoughts, but I have explained until the cows have come home, it doesn't get me anywhere. I just had a realization though, we seem to feed off of each others negative energy. And this makes my sypmtoms come out. So maybe this is for the best....
Views: 125   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2002 8:08am
by Andrea
a
Andrea
Re: ok mister L
You are not alone, and we all feel like we are alone sometimes. But just hang in there. If you get a good doctor, they can diagnose what is going on with you. Mental Illnesses can be tricky. There are so many symptoms, don't let them tell you that you are imagini...
Views: 131   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2002 10:45am
by Andrea
ok mister L
I'm 17 and going crazy, or at least I think I am. I'm really messed up, but i'm completely aware of it. Thats what makes it tough, i wish i could just get better or just snap, i don't care which. my mind will never stop thinking, alls i want is a break from my cons...
Views: 135   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2002 10:06pm
by braymond
m
Maggie
Re: HELP! My husband is leaving me!!!!!
Hi there, Just wanted to tell you that I was in a similar situation with a boyfriend I was dating. He left me because of my mental illnesses, saying that I was too depressed for him, that I was anorexic, and that he could no longer stand to see cuts on my arms. Tal...
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2002 7:07pm
by Maggie
a
Andrea
HELP! My husband is leaving me!!!!!
As most of you most of you are aware, I have been trying to start up my foudation to combat the stigma's against Mental Illness. Well isn't it ironic, my hsband informed me last night that he cannot continue in our marraige any more BECAUSE of my illness. It's been...
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 15, 2002 8:05am
by Andrea
RTS-Reversing The Stigma
As you all know from my previous message, I am trying to form a foundation to Reverse The Stigma Against Mental Illness in our Country. I have a new website it is at www.reversingthestigma.org if any of you are interested in visiting it. I am looking for anyone t...
Views: 144   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2002 7:41pm
by Andrea Pereira
a
Andrea
Re: stigma
I don't have an antedote, but I an interested in talking with you about this subject. I am trying to start up a foundation to combat the stigma against mental illness and the media is the avenue I feel we need to take to get the word out. You see, simply put, and...
Views: 127   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2002 12:53pm
by Andrea
e
Eric
Leaving the Mental Health System
Hello all, Please feel free to visit my new website on "Leaving the Mental Health System". There is nothing sold here. It is a site I created as a consumer who is struggling with this topic. The address is: http://www.ericsandler.com Eric
Views: 155   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2002 8:13pm
by Eric
stigma
i'm writing a feature article on the stigma of mental illness, in the media particularly... does anyone have an anecdote or example of WHAT in the media has affected them ie; a commercial, a TV show etc and how it affected you? i really need some anecdotes to put int...
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2002 1:47am
by Question
a
Andrea
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my sweetheart
No problem, that's what we are here for. Drop me an email and keep me updated if you feel like it. Hope everything turns out ok. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:I have talked to Cj. things are going well. He will be calling soon. Thanks...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 2, 2002 4:51pm
by Andrea
a
Angel
GOT HAPPINESS?
I do this because I think it will help. If you lost your smile as I have in the past, then I have the answer for you. It is a delightful little book called, "The Little Guide To Happiness". I hope it helps you smile as it did me. Simply go to www.1stbooks.com, then t...
Views: 117   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2002 6:29pm
by Angel
c
cjatrc
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my sweetheart
I have talked to Cj. things are going well. He will be calling soon. Thanks every esp andrea for your support and help. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:That's great that you know where he is, and that he is safe. You sound much better, but s...
Views: 124   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 31, 2002 5:20pm
by cjatrc
a
Andrea
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my sweetheart
That's great that you know where he is, and that he is safe. You sound much better, but still a little confused. I hope everything works out how you want it to. If he comes back to you, it was meant to be. Just keep that in mind. --- --- --- --- ---...
Views: 130   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 31, 2002 5:05pm
by Andrea
c
cjatrc
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my sweetheart
I know where CJ is!! I found out today when I got home from work. I still have not heard from him but through a resource I used to locate him. Needless to say the address I was given was a shocker!!! One of those what the devil kind of things. Like I said before,...
Views: 148   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2002 12:58pm
by cjatrc
a
Andrea
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my sweetheart
You sound sooooo much better. Your head is in the right place. That's great. And You're right. So many times, we make all these plans, and God bless our little minds, the almighty already has it all laid out for us. You know what they say about the best laid...
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2002 11:51am
by Andrea
c
cjatrc
Re: Re: Re: Re: my sweetheart
So many times we get hung up on what someone else is doing that we forget what being with that person is really all about. I put cj and my relationship with him in my higher powers hands along time ago. through this experience I find myself wanting to take control...
Views: 154   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2002 2:44am
by cjatrc
Hi Louise! I tried to E-mail you, but the E-mail returns with an error! Is that an "L" character for the first letter of your e-mail address? Anyhow, if you could send me an E-mail, then maybe I could reply. Dazed & Confused
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2002 8:29pm
by dazed@Confused
a
Andrea
Re: Re: Re: my sweetheart
Just checking to see how you are holding up. I am the one who wrote the annonmous message, forgot to put my name in the it. OOOOPS. Sorry. Your reply sounded like you were thinking in the right direction. How have you been doing with it? Have you heard anythi...
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2002 10:25am
by Andrea
c
cjatrc
Re: Re: my sweetheart
Thanks for the imput. I am trying to do just that, take care of myself. I have no choice but to focus on what I need to do for me. It doesn't stop me from worrying though. I am also doing things I feel would honor the love I have for Cj and for now I have to move...
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2002 5:25pm
by cjatrc
Re: my sweetheart
I can hear the desperation in your message. And, I know it can be hard to live with the isolation of depression, especially if the person who is suffering is a loved one. You sound like a very caring and loving person. Maybe consider another angle. He is also...
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2002 2:35pm
by Anonymous
Re: my sweetheart
Hi there Cjatrc! I don't normally like preaching to people, or pretending to be a expert on this kind of problem that you have, but I will say this: Don't give up hope! I know that this is easier said than done, but for myself, someone who is living in dis...
Views: 176   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2002 10:32pm
by Dazed & Confused
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet